TUP Wrestling Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Wrestling > WWE Raw
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - WWE RAW Thread
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WWE RAW Thread

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 646647648649>
Author
Message
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Rico Len View Drop Down
PB Members
PB Members
Avatar

Joined: 23/October/2012
Location: Yosemite Lakes
Status: Offline
Points: 9235
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rico Len Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/October/2017 at 14:15
Heh, Jax ain't gonna bulldoze through anything now that Asuka is here.
Back to Top
admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar
Open To Bribes For Favours

Joined: 01/October/2003
Location: United Kingdom
Status: Offline
Points: 44951
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/October/2017 at 15:26
Originally posted by Rico Len Rico Len wrote:

Heh, Jax ain't gonna bulldoze through anything now that Asuka is here.
 
They can both bulldoze. Keep them apart, have commentators not mention them in the same breath and when they meet it could mean something.
 
Seen on the dirt sheets that RAW Ratings Thread went up 4% this week which against DWTS, NFL and MLB is impressive.

The show deserves better ratings. It's really got better in the past few months.


Back to Top
#Heel View Drop Down
Unprettier God
Unprettier God
Avatar
Winner of TW VII & Co-Winner of TW VIII

Joined: 03/January/2012
Location: Newcastle, UK
Status: Offline
Points: 9304
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote #Heel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/October/2017 at 19:17
Originally posted by admin admin wrote:

 
Seen on the dirt sheets that RAW Ratings Thread went up 4% this week which against DWTS, NFL and MLB is impressive.

The show deserves better ratings. It's really got better in the past few months.



I agree with the improvement in raw, since the superstar shakeup - raw has improved alot and smackdown has sort of stagnated with exception of a few things

The only thing making the Wyatt and Balor feud interesting in anyway shape or form is the mystery around who will be sister abigail
Back to Top
Rico Len View Drop Down
PB Members
PB Members
Avatar

Joined: 23/October/2012
Location: Yosemite Lakes
Status: Offline
Points: 9235
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rico Len Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/October/2017 at 19:24
Originally posted by admin admin wrote:

Originally posted by Rico Len Rico Len wrote:

Heh, Jax ain't gonna bulldoze through anything now that Asuka is here.
 
They can both bulldoze. Keep them apart, have commentators not mention them in the same breath and when they meet it could mean something.
 
Seen on the dirt sheets that RAW Ratings Thread went up 4% this week which against DWTS, NFL and MLB is impressive.

The show deserves better ratings. It's really got better in the past few months.



I think the division is too small for that. Maybe if Jax were on Smackdown then yeah definitely, but with them both on Raw it's just a few PPV's before Jax has her turn. I suppose to a lesser extent it could happen, but it won't mean as much without a longer build up.
Back to Top
#Heel View Drop Down
Unprettier God
Unprettier God
Avatar
Winner of TW VII & Co-Winner of TW VIII

Joined: 03/January/2012
Location: Newcastle, UK
Status: Offline
Points: 9304
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote #Heel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/October/2017 at 20:01
Originally posted by Rico Len Rico Len wrote:


I think the division is too small for that. Maybe if Jax were on Smackdown then yeah definitely, but with them both on Raw it's just a few PPV's before Jax has her turn. I suppose to a lesser extent it could happen, but it won't mean as much without a longer build up.

I honestly think that WWE would be better off having a show dedicated to the womens division than they currently are having the 205 live shite - especially if the rumors of Nevill quitting are true

When Asuka joins and Paige returns - in addition to all of the active wrestlers on raw and smackdown - theres more than enough in terms of talent and storyline to justify having their own show
Back to Top
Rico Len View Drop Down
PB Members
PB Members
Avatar

Joined: 23/October/2012
Location: Yosemite Lakes
Status: Offline
Points: 9235
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rico Len Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/October/2017 at 20:19
I agree that WWE has more than enough women to do their own show, I wish however that WWE would restructure Raw and Smackdown to be BOTH 3 hours and cancel 205 Live. Have the 1st hour of Raw be the Cruiserweight Division exclusively, and the 1st hour of Smackdown be the Women's Division exclusively. Then structure the first hour of both shows like NXT is structured, with a mandate of fitting in 3 matches, or 2 matches and a big promo segment. Make the show faster paced to fit in more, and then they could slow down and show the regular 2 hour Raw and Smackdown like they always do.
Back to Top
#Heel View Drop Down
Unprettier God
Unprettier God
Avatar
Winner of TW VII & Co-Winner of TW VIII

Joined: 03/January/2012
Location: Newcastle, UK
Status: Offline
Points: 9304
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote #Heel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/October/2017 at 20:23
Not gonna lie - that ending to the cage match on Raw was a massive surprise and there was a bit of a mark out moment when the tombstone was used

Now theres loads of reasons they can use of places they can go fo rthis - im hoping it leads to a Shield v Brothers of Destruction and Strowman feud at Survivor series or maybe build it until Mania

They could have Kane v Reigns as a result of Reigns retiring taker

The rest of raw was pretty meh to be honest but that last match and closing segment made the show a whole lot better .... well played WWE ... well played
Back to Top
Fletch View Drop Down
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Avatar
TUP Hall Of Fame 2009

Joined: 06/January/2006
Location: Portsmouth UK
Status: Offline
Points: 15993
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fletch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/October/2017 at 21:24
Originally posted by Rico Len Rico Len wrote:


I agree that WWE has more than enough women to do their own show, I wish however that WWE would restructure Raw and Smackdown to be BOTH 3 hours and cancel 205 Live. Have the 1st hour of Raw be the Cruiserweight Division exclusively, and the 1st hour of Smackdown be the Women's Division exclusively. Then structure the first hour of both shows like NXT is structured, with a mandate of fitting in 3 matches, or 2 matches and a big promo segment. Make the show faster paced to fit in more, and then they could slow down and show the regular 2 hour Raw and Smackdown like they always do.


Noooooooooo! There is already far too much WWE programming to try and squeeze in and digest, I would much rather they switch Raw back to 2 hours and remove the Cruiserweight division from the show.

I would have both shows run a 2 hour format and the hour afterwards can consist of 205 Live and maybe a Women's show. In honesty though I think the Cruiserweights are best suited to just a one off tournament every once in a while like they did with the Classic where they are allowed to go full throttle in their matches, the watered down division we see on Raw and 205 Live has no appeal to me apart from the stuff involving Enzo currently.

The Women I wish would just have a combined division exclusive to both brands or just all the women on one brand. There isn't enough depth in the female roster to split it in two successfully.
Back to Top
Rico Len View Drop Down
PB Members
PB Members
Avatar

Joined: 23/October/2012
Location: Yosemite Lakes
Status: Offline
Points: 9235
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rico Len Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/October/2017 at 23:33
You realize there is ALREADY 3 hours of wrestling on Tuesday?

And if it were actually organized, then you would know what to and not to skip on Raw.

My suggestion doesn't add more wrestling, it divides it up in such a way you know when to tune in. Tuesday is already divided correctly, 205 Live would be the cruiserweight division on SmackDown, raw would go with out and get all the women's division in one and get it's own timeslot like what 205 already has.
Back to Top
Fletch View Drop Down
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Avatar
TUP Hall Of Fame 2009

Joined: 06/January/2006
Location: Portsmouth UK
Status: Offline
Points: 15993
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fletch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/October/2017 at 12:01
Originally posted by Rico Len Rico Len wrote:

You realize there is ALREADY 3 hours of wrestling on Tuesday?

And if it were actually organized, then you would know what to and not to skip on Raw.

My suggestion doesn't add more wrestling, it divides it up in such a way you know when to tune in. Tuesday is already divided correctly, 205 Live would be the cruiserweight division on SmackDown, raw would go with out and get all the women's division in one and get it's own timeslot like what 205 already has.


If each show had a very structured format as in first half hour Cruiserweights, next half hour Women, second hour mid-card, last hour main event so you knew exactly what to watch then yeah I agree a watch/skip system would work just fine.

The shows do have a format like this to a point but it's so loose and varied each week that you just have to skim through and watch the bits that catch your attention, would be a lot easier if you just knew from the start that you only want to watch the last hour and so forth.
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 646647648649>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.234 seconds.