Forum Home Forum Home > Wrestling > WWE Raw
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mark Henry on Raw.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 16>
Author
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
TUP Hall Of Fame 2009

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fletch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mark Henry on Raw.
    Posted: 01/July/2009 at 20:04
Courtesy of Ewrestlingnews.com:

Tony Atlas' future with WWE is very much in doubt following the transfer of his associate, Mark Henry, to the Raw brand this past Monday.

Company officials plan on pushing the "World's Strongest Man" as a top babyface, which as a result, has left Atlas to fend for himself as he is not being brought alongside him.

The WWE Hall of Famer's contract is coming due in a few weeks and it remains uncertain whether it will be renewed.

It'll be interesting to see what they do with Hornswoggle in the coming weeks as well.

So Henry is in line for a big babyface push. He did receive a strong reaction on Raw but that was largely due to the fact that Orton is now such a hated heel and the crowd really wanted to see Henry beat the crap out of him.
Henry has had his best run to date on ECW, his partnership with Tony Atlas has seen him finally get over after more than ten years in WWE, so a face turn could work and see him get a nice spot as a high mid carder on Raw. If he is booked like he was this week where he destroys a hated heel with his power moves that should ensure he gets a decent reaction.

As for Tony Atlas, well unless they have him manage someone new, Shelton Benjiman maybe, then i would guess his days are numbered in WWE.

As for Hornswoggle....please fire him already!!
admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Open To Bribes For Favours

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/July/2009 at 20:51
* Don't creative realise how much we love the After The Bell segments Atlas and Henry do???

* Get them BOTH on Raw as babyfaces and you've got yourself a comedy pairing that's not stupid to watch.

* I agree with the Henry babyface turn. He had got pretty stale being heel for so long.
Tragon70 View Drop Down
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tragon70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/July/2009 at 00:44
I didn't think that Henry would be a top face anywhere. I can see Atlas managing someone else or being released. Hornswoggle on the other end they'll find something phony for him to do.
Trags for HOF'er !
MariaS View Drop Down
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Hall Of Fame 2010

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MariaS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/July/2009 at 01:36
Even if they push him as a face, who is there for him to take on?  In the midcard, you have Kofi, who is a face, MVP, who is a face, Bourne, who is a face and possibly Jack Swagger who is the only heel in the bunch and he and Henry faced off in ECW so there's nothing new there.  They need to turn MVP back into a heel and give him back his edge that he had on SmackDown. It just seems to me that ever since MVP's heart condition was revealed they've been afraid to put him into anything that would require a good bit of work to it.  Who was his last memorable feud against? They had an opportunity to give Orton a new opponent in him but have blown that chance now.  They could have had a couple of matches during this time that HHH has been back.  HHH could have stayed out until SummerSlam and let Orton work with MVP to perhaps develop a new main eventer.

When Henry's contract comes up, that is one person I'd get rid of.  He's been moved from one show to another so often, who even cares where he ends up these days?  I sure don't.
badguy View Drop Down
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Hall Of Fame 2010

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/July/2009 at 03:05
Originally posted by MariaS MariaS wrote:

Even if they push him as a face, who is there for him to take on?  In the midcard, you have Kofi, who is a face, MVP, who is a face, Bourne, who is a face and possibly Jack Swagger who is the only heel in the bunch and he and Henry faced off in ECW so there's nothing new there. 

They need to turn MVP back into a heel and give him back his edge that he had on SmackDown. It just seems to me that ever since MVP's heart condition was revealed they've been afraid to put him into anything that would require a good bit of work to it.  Who was his last memorable feud against? They had an opportunity to give Orton a new opponent in him but have blown that chance now.  They could have had a couple of matches during this time that HHH has been back.  HHH could have stayed out until SummerSlam and let Orton work with MVP to perhaps develop a new main eventer.

1) What about Miz? Big Show? Carlito? Santino? Priceless? Henry can work with those guys even if they are in the midcard but yeah, I think Henry is best used as a powerhouse that on occassion loses his matches as when he was in ECW I actually felt he improved and I have to admit, I became a small fan of his (I hated his work before he went to ECW), but now I think he has improved alot that he does allow talent to look good in matches against him.

2) I agree with you about Hunter being out till Summerslam, but he returned because of Batista's injury and that just pretty much killed off MVP getting a good push. If Hunter fucked off till Summerslam then yeah MVP may very well have been feuding with Orton over the championship and actually giving Orton a run for his money if done correctly, but ofcourse that plan all went up the wall after Hunter returned.

As for Tony Atlas, I think he could be a good manager to Ezekiel Jackson as I think thats what Jackson needs, a manager. Jackson is huge and big like Mark Henry and with him working with Atlas it could get Zeke over some more, which WWE need to do in utilising the big bastard.

Mr Member View Drop Down
PB Members
PB Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Member Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/July/2009 at 23:16
I love the fact that Mark Henry is being made into a babyface. I've been a fan of his for a long time(ever since they brought him to WWE back in the 90's, actually). To see how much he's grown(pardon the pun) is incredible. He came in as very limited, basically doing press slams and clotheslines. Now, I'm not saying the big man is doing shooting star presses and such, but he's much more fluid in the ring than he was back then. I love the World's Strongest Slam! Could you imagine all that weight crashing down on you? OUCH!! If I could add one move to his arsenal, it would be the Vader Bomb off the second rope. I know it's a cliche move for a big man, but Henry would look bad ass doing it. I'm glad Mark Henry is back on RAW, where he belongs. Now, his mic skills are still garbage, so bringing Atlas with him wouldn't be a bad idea.
BECAUSE I'M THE MEMBER...AND I'M.....AWESOOOOOOME!!

Vintage Mr. Member, right there!
Tragon70 View Drop Down
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tragon70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/July/2009 at 23:42
I'm the World's Strongest Man. I can see him ending up like the Big Show jobbing 2 nearly everyone. Which it would be sad cause I don't mind Henry 2 much cause he can bring destruction.
Trags for HOF'er !
badguy View Drop Down
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Hall Of Fame 2010

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/July/2009 at 07:50
Originally posted by Tragon70 Tragon70 wrote:

I'm the World's Strongest Man. I can see him ending up like the Big Show jobbing 2 nearly everyone. Which it would be sad cause I don't mind Henry 2 much cause he can bring destruction.

1) No you're not the World's Strongest Man.

2) Big Show is jobbing? Since when? Ok sure he gets a few losses now and again but he isnt jobbing to nearly everyone, he does get the occasional win now and again, not everyone can win all the time (unless your Cena or Triple H), and I doubt WWE will make Henry job to everyone aswell, expect him to pick up a few wins here and there.

Tragon70 View Drop Down
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tragon70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/July/2009 at 17:30
Your right maybe I went a little 2 far ... lol ... It would be odd if they paired Henry & Hornswoggle up. All the comedy you need , but it's quite odd 2 see. Then again a lot of odd pairings has happened in WWE.
Trags for HOF'er !
Trice View Drop Down
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Macho Man of TUP Ooooh Yeaah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/July/2009 at 17:41
If they are gonna turn Mark face, i would expect them to turn him using Show
Orton is busy with that opponent he never faces, HHH
Miz is hopefully still workin on Cena. wouuld be shame if that was all donejust to make him look lame.

So i expect Show v Henry. which is gonna bring out some great matches...

oh, theres always swagger though :o

Mr Quality over Quantity 2010 |~| Mr Variety 2011
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 16>
  Share Topic