TUP Wrestling Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Wrestling > General World Wrestling Entertainment > Extreme Championship Wrestling
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Where Does This Leave TNA ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Open To Bribes For Favours

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where Does This Leave TNA ?
    Posted: 24/April/2006 at 20:03
Sabu has informed TNA that WWE have made him a offer for ONS2 because he's a free agent. I have also reason to believe other former ECW stars within TNA have getout clauses and/or short term contracts. If that is true then it could be a disaster for TNA and the future. I could see guys like all three Dudleys, Rhyno, Raven, Jerry Lynn etc jumping ship. Afterall they all hold ECW close to their hearts and would probably want a go at a 2nd chance to make the brand work. Plus Vince can afford to offer them the security of long term contracts and much more money. Your thoughts people....
Crazy Brit View Drop Down
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
2007 Hall Of Fame Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crazy Brit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/April/2006 at 00:00
I disagree because this 'ECW' will be owned by Vince I doubt you'll see the majority of these guys come back, I don't understand why they are doing this ECW is dead and some half arsed attempt at a rip off ECW will just piss on the memories and the name

Thanks to the Pimp for the Kickass Sig

Matrix View Drop Down
OVW
OVW

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/April/2006 at 01:54
I would hope TNA would be able to survive, I am not sure how the WWE will handle ECW, as you may have seen WWE edited One Night Stand, which ECW never did, and I heard the censors got into. Also the non use of the REAL themes from the ECW era on the PPV was another that that didn't make it an authentic ECW PPV.

I have this bad feeling WWE will water down ECW and ruin the great memories that ECW provided.
Dave

"The earth is full of kings and queens. They'll blind your eyes and steal your dreams. Kurt Cobain didn't make it... and left behind a generation of tortured souls."
Charlie View Drop Down
OVW
OVW

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/April/2006 at 12:19
From what I hear, Raven and the Dudley Boyz/Team 3D aren't exactly on the best of terms with WWE. Even though it'll be under the banner of ECW (if it does indeed go ahead), it'll essentially be a WWE/McMahon thing.
the_golsch View Drop Down
OVW
OVW

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_golsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/April/2006 at 22:45
If you were to look at this in a different light you could say that by the end of this year we will have the big three back lol. Well we have the WWE. now ECW is comming back and some people like to think TNA is a WCW rip off with Sting, Stiener, Jarrett and Tenay etc lol.

Edited by the_golsch - 25/April/2006 at 22:45
[IMG]http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/n/nwo/75.jpg">
Pac-Man View Drop Down
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
2008 Hall Of Famer "The Champ"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pac-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/May/2006 at 00:00
If TNA does indeed become the full fledged WCW ripoff, it will die. However, because this is a McMahon ripoff of ECW, not many x-ECW/TNA wrestlers are going to buy it. This is really nothing more than WWE trying to destroy TNA. There's no new company being made here.

Edited by Pd-daMAN - 09/May/2006 at 00:01
Babygirl View Drop Down
PB Members
PB Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/May/2006 at 04:34
I hope TNA stays going the way they are. I actually look forward to watching TNA where as I hardly ever watch WWE anymore except the PPVs
Pac-Man View Drop Down
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
2008 Hall Of Famer "The Champ"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pac-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/May/2006 at 22:48
I actually watch all three of the big shows, because patience is a virtue.
What I mean is for me to know and y'all to figure it out.
The Phylth View Drop Down
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
2007 Hall Of Fame Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Phylth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/May/2006 at 08:17
Pacman (Pd-daMAN) is sneaky sneaky me thinks...

TNA will keep going strong, thanks to the big 3 that wwe cant buy (daniels, aj, joe) & thanks to the huge amount of talent they have ready to break through (petey, roderick, shelley, aries, sabin......)
Babygirl View Drop Down
PB Members
PB Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/May/2006 at 18:14
Yes my love. A lot of the talent would not go to WWE. A lot of the talent, I think, is understanding that Vince is an ass and wouldn't want to be a part of his underminding ways of wrestling.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic