TUP Wrestling Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Film and Television > General Film
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Dark Knight Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
OVW
OVW

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wcwlegend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Dark Knight Thread
    Posted: 09/July/2008 at 05:52
July 18th, The Dark Knight hits the theaters and i am ready for it. The Long awaited sequel to "batman begins", has eyes glued to the trailers as people get ready for the action of the summer. Lets look at this for a second, The Movie is gonna be action packed for a couple of reasons; One being the Joker (Heath Ledger, God rest his soul). Ledger is a favorite of mind in the movie business and i could not accept his death till i found out more info, anyways God Bless him. 2nd reason is Harvey Dent's role to come, apparently we have Harvey Dent in the the movie obviously its not a big thing since the joker's role is larger in comparison. As you can tell in the tailer, Harvey gets the acid to the face as he did in batman forever, to become "Two face" a multi-personality bad guy which in fact becomes a larger focus for the 3rd film. You get a glance of Two face in dark knight as you can tell in the trailer with the scene where he is in the limo or whatever hes in and the face is sideways but u can't see the messed up part, which should be pushed more in the 3rd film. Also My question is will Joker die again like he did in the very first batman movie, my guess is yes considering his role, he is and forever will be batman's greatest bad guy but if he lives 3rd film makes no sense with two face and penguin. I am tottally excited for this movie gonna own the box office. 

Testify, if you can, trial if you must;
just don't say your better, then me!
ecmulder View Drop Down
PB Members
PB Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ecmulder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/July/2008 at 06:38
I saw this movie just a few hours ago, it was incredible. Heath Legder did an amazing job, but perhaps he'll miss the Oscars but he might get a nomination and maybe get the title but we'll have to wait and see.

The story, like a good handful of comic films, takes many, many liberties with the Batman story. However, ignoring that, the story is quiet unexpected and people will think of the Joker all different ways. Overall, an impressive movie.

Edited by ecmulder - 24/July/2008 at 06:38
2007 Best Variety Poster
16th Member of the Mellenium Club
17 Time TUP Hardcore Champion
s2h_werd View Drop Down
OVW
OVW

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s2h_werd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/July/2008 at 07:08
I saw this movie on Sunday, its pretty good and obviously the highlight was Heath Ledgers performance as the Joker but to be honest aside from Ledgers performance I thought this move was just good, not excellent or 10/10 like so many people have given it. Sure it is interesting and has good action but I just didnt find it to be overly great like so many people claim it is. Still I would definetly watch it again and I recommend people see it because its worth it but in my opinion it isnt 10/10 maybe a 7.5 or an 8.
Phoenix View Drop Down
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phoenix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/July/2008 at 11:29
I just got home from watching the movie. LOVED IT. And not just because of Heath Ledger being Joker. You kind of manage to forget that once you really get into the movie. He plays the part so incredibly well, though. I still have the image of him in the nurses outfit in my head... I'm gonna be laughing for a while.

The twists and turns in the story are great. Even with liberties being taken in terms of the creation of Two Face... it still works out. I can't wait to see the next one.
teh_Guardian View Drop Down
Wrestlemania
Wrestlemania

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teh_Guardian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/July/2008 at 17:56
I can't stand Heath Ledger.

He OD'd.

I want to see Dark Knight because I like Batman, I couldn't care less about Ledger.
At one point in time, this sig was funny.
The Phylth View Drop Down
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
2007 Hall Of Fame Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Phylth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/July/2008 at 19:02
ive seen the new Batman too about a week ago (yes online & yes illegal) but i loved the film, i thought it was great! heath played the joker very well (jack nicholson would be proud) and i also think seeing him in that nurses outfit was the funniest bit! pure genius.
Phoenix View Drop Down
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phoenix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/July/2008 at 12:40
Originally posted by teh_Guardian teh_Guardian wrote:

He OD'd.

He OD'd on prescription medication, accidentally, yes. I don't see what that has to do with anything at all.

If you want to see the movie because you like Batman, you won't be disappointed.
Why Lie View Drop Down
PB Members
PB Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Lie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/July/2008 at 21:39
Originally posted by Phoenix Phoenix wrote:

Originally posted by teh_Guardian teh_Guardian wrote:

He OD'd.

He OD'd on prescription medication, accidentally, yes. I don't see what that has to do with anything at all.

If you want to see the movie because you like Batman, you won't be disappointed.

he OD'd accidentally yes, BUT there was under-laying currents of the fact that he HATED being famous... I think... I must find that article again

back OT though, I've never been a fan of batman, but from  what i've seen on adverts, it does look good, just not my cup o' tea
Steven Nyte View Drop Down
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The Unprettier straightedge superstar!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steven Nyte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/August/2008 at 04:03
you guys are so damn lucky. Around here the movieĀ“s not gonna be out until August 21... which sucks.
Y Pipe View Drop Down
OVW
OVW

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Y Pipe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/August/2008 at 18:22
Best dark batman movie made still not a patch though on the burt ward and adam west 1960s batman FACT!
you can talk the talk, but can you pipe the pipe! The ultimate poster FACT!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic