Forum Home Forum Home > Wrestling > Wrestlers Of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

So and So Reminds Me of This Person.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
2X TW Winner.... Winner. YES! YES! YES!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigfloridapimp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: So and So Reminds Me of This Person.
    Posted: 27/June/2012 at 03:09
I sorta went "Maria" and raved about Ernie Ladd in a discussion on Matt Morgan because I thought they were similar. So instead of doing more of that because the more I watch old stuff the more comparisons I make, I am making this thread. Basically the title says it all. Who now or of years past reminds you of someone who wrestled before such and such broke in.

Ive gone on about Morgan having traits of Ladd, and as a matter of fact I think Pope has traits of Ladd too. Their promos anyway. Pope doesnt have the freedom to call anyone a drunken indian like Ladd did, but he did call people names such as Sa More Joe (Samoa Joe) etc.

So I dont know if I have ever gone on too much about it, but Kondor, I know knows I am a huge Natural Born Thrillers mark. I think it is the greatest collection of "Future of wrestling" talent ever, and they are only 2nd to the Windham, Flair, brainbusters Horsemen faction in the list of my all time favorite stables.

I stumbled upon a video of Mean Gene interviewing them (it is hilarious btw, I will link it at the end) and I freakin realized.... Ken Anderson.... Mike Sanders.... THEY ARE THE SAME GUY! In the ring and on the stick, their build, everything. Even hair color (now that Anderson has gone natural). But pretty much it was the promos that struck me most. They have the same gift of gab, the way they speak, their sense of humor when cutting a promo. I think me loving NBT and Sanders was a precursor to me marking for ANDERSONNNNN.

HBKDX97 View Drop Down
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Winner of Ticket War VI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HBKDX97 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/June/2012 at 03:40
The obvious ones could be Dolph Ziggler and Billy Gunn, but I see a bit of Road Dogg in The Miz (albeit Road Dogg has much more charisma and talent). 
bigfloridapimp View Drop Down
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigfloridapimp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/June/2012 at 03:42
Dolph is like a lot of people I think. I see some Hennig, some Rude, some HBK (in the over the top selling department). But I dont see Billy Gunn. Why Mr. Ass? Ziggler is way better than he ever was.
Willy1225 View Drop Down
PB Members
PB Members
Your Friendly Neighborhood Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Willy1225 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/June/2012 at 03:46
Michelle Mccool with her hoodie and Stylesclash Faithbreaker finisher reminds me so much of AJ Styles
TNA Would Be Nothing Without #TeamDixie

SeattleGadfly View Drop Down
OVW
OVW

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SeattleGadfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/June/2012 at 03:55
Dolph Ziggler reminds me quite a bit of Curt Henning during his run as th AWA Champion (prior to his "Mr. Perfect" days)  I think he has all the tools to really be a major player:  Good look, great, but not overdeveloped physique and a ton of charisma.  I'm not entirely happy with the way he's being used and I think that limits him a bit, but I can see him being a major player.

James Storm takes me back to the days of Magnum TA: He may not have the same looks, but his heart and passion for the business remind me of good ol' Terry Allen.  Additionally, their in-ring style is very similar overall.

Oh.... and Robbie E reminds me of Scott Hall.... but only in the way that they both oversell moves (so, no, that's not a compliment)

"Some people look at the glass as half empty, others as half full.....I'm just glad I got to keep the glass in the divorce."
John The Baptist View Drop Down
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Asked To Be Mod 2 Years Ago

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote John The Baptist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/June/2012 at 12:26
I think it was Lance Storm who said it, and I never noticed it before -

"I know Michael McGuillicutty is the son of a Hennig, but he looks just like the son of an Anderson"
EdgeHead View Drop Down
PB Members
PB Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdgeHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/June/2012 at 05:45
Originally posted by bigfloridapimp bigfloridapimp wrote:

I sorta went "Maria" and raved about Ernie Ladd in a discussion on Matt Morgan because I thought they were similar. So instead of doing more of that because the more I watch old stuff the more comparisons I make, I am making this thread. Basically the title says it all. Who now or of years past reminds you of someone who wrestled before such and such broke in.

Ive gone on about Morgan having traits of Ladd, and as a matter of fact I think Pope has traits of Ladd too. Their promos anyway. Pope doesnt have the freedom to call anyone a drunken indian like Ladd did, but he did call people names such as Sa More Joe (Samoa Joe) etc.

So I dont know if I have ever gone on too much about it, but Kondor, I know knows I am a huge Natural Born Thrillers mark. I think it is the greatest collection of "Future of wrestling" talent ever, and they are only 2nd to the Windham, Flair, brainbusters Horsemen faction in the list of my all time favorite stables.

I stumbled upon a video of Mean Gene interviewing them (it is hilarious btw, I will link it at the end) and I freakin realized.... Ken Anderson.... Mike Sanders.... THEY ARE THE SAME GUY! In the ring and on the stick, their build, everything. Even hair color (now that Anderson has gone natural). But pretty much it was the promos that struck me most. They have the same gift of gab, the way they speak, their sense of humor when cutting a promo. I think me loving NBT and Sanders was a precursor to me marking for ANDERSONNNNN.

You know, it's kind of funny because I always thought Mike Sanders would've been one of the first guys from WCW that WWE could've used in the Invasion angle since he had quite a nice push in WCW in 2000. Instead, he ended up with the HWA and got released with a bunch of other WCW talents shortly after. I don't think he could've been an upper midcard by any means but he would've definitely made for a darn good midcarder that could've given the bigger stars the rub when needed. Very solid in promo, always consistent in the ring too.
HBKDX97 View Drop Down
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Winner of Ticket War VI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HBKDX97 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/July/2012 at 23:26
Heath Slater kind of reminds me of Colin Delaney.
bigfloridapimp View Drop Down
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigfloridapimp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/July/2012 at 00:18
Heath Slater reminds me of a Diva, he has tits. I mean, Zeke has titty-esk pecs, but Wendy seriously has supple sqeezable tits
Kondor View Drop Down
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Ticket Wars Founder

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kondor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/October/2012 at 06:04
That girl Paige from NXT reminds me a lot of Daffney; especially her look, her attitude, and her screams. 

Thanks to Pac for the sig.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic