Forum Home Forum Home > Wrestling > General World Wrestling Entertainment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Marine 3

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
TUP Hall Of Fame 2009

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fletch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Marine 3
    Posted: 15/February/2012 at 18:47
John Cena will star in The Marine: Homefront. This will be the third Marine film, Cena starred in the first film and Ted DiBiase starred in the second film.

This will be one of three films WWE Studios is producing direct to DVD release as part of a new deal the Studio has signed with 20th Century FOX. WWE Studios current deal with Viviendi will expire with the release of Bending the Rules, which stars Edge and Jamie Kennedy. That film will be released in April.

FOX and WWE have worked together in the past on The Marine, Behind Enemy Lines: Colombia and See No Evil.

Cant be any worse than the first movie, I never bothered watching the sequel with Ted Dibiase in.

I quite enjoyed 12 Rounds that had Cena in the lead, but I've never bothered with any of his other WWE produced movies because they all look like complete duds and have been panned by the critics.

WWE need to quit the movie game, its got to be running at a loss surely?
thundarr2000 View Drop Down
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thundarr2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/February/2012 at 19:51
Oh damn.  I was hoping that Marine 3 would be released in 3D.

#Heel View Drop Down
Unprettier God
Unprettier God
Winner of TW VII & Co-Winner of TW VIII

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote #Heel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/February/2012 at 20:22
i actually havent seen the first one but i watched the one with dibiase in and it didn't seem too bad. Can't say that i will be rushing out to see the third one though
Maty View Drop Down
Unprettier God
Unprettier God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/February/2012 at 22:21
Never seen either of the films and don't intend to. I don't know why WWE bother with these films, they should just concentrate on what they no and put everything into making the actual wrestling product better. I bet they would make more money by making the product better than by putting effort and time into these movies.

On a side note, it seems a bit of an odd move to have John Cena be replaced by DiBiase and then for Cena to replace DiBiase. Perhaps they don't think Ted DiBiase is big enough any more to do a movie.
#Heel View Drop Down
Unprettier God
Unprettier God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote #Heel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/February/2012 at 22:25
Originally posted by Maty Maty wrote:

Never seen either of the films and don't intend to. I don't know why WWE bother with these films, they should just concentrate on what they no and put everything into making the actual wrestling product better. I bet they would make more money by making the product better than by putting effort and time into these movies.

On a side note, it seems a bit of an odd move to have John Cena be replaced by DiBiase and then for Cena to replace DiBiase. Perhaps they don't think Ted DiBiase is big enough any more to do a movie.

it's simple - it gives the superstar / wwe more exposure to an audience that is not neccessarily pro-wrestling
CBW View Drop Down
Raw/Smackdown
Raw/Smackdown
Loving Cena since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CBW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/February/2012 at 22:54
Film is going to be incredible.
Pac-Man View Drop Down
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
2008 Hall Of Famer "The Champ"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pac-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/February/2012 at 01:52
What? A fifth now? Seriously. Pay attention. A fifth WWE film starring John Cena.

And then they try to paint the Rock as the Hollywood sellout. You have got to be kidding me. You're blatantly now trying to shill John Cena to Hollywood so they can take him too like they did Rock and he can put in a good word for you and you can that love affair with them that you've always wanted, and you expect me to buy into John Cena "speaking for me" when he calls the Rock a sellout?

Edited by Pac-Man - 24/February/2012 at 01:52
#Heel View Drop Down
Unprettier God
Unprettier God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote #Heel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/February/2012 at 08:51
Originally posted by Pac-Man Pac-Man wrote:

What? A fifth now? Seriously. Pay attention. A fifth WWE film starring John Cena.

And then they try to paint the Rock as the Hollywood sellout. You have got to be kidding me. You're blatantly now trying to shill John Cena to Hollywood so they can take him too like they did Rock and he can put in a good word for you and you can that love affair with them that you've always wanted, and you expect me to buy into John Cena "speaking for me" when he calls the Rock a sellout?

but cena isn't calling the rock a sell out just for making movies. He's going on about how the rock said he would never leave - yet he's never here - John cena is in his fifth movie for WWE and has not take alot (if any) TV time off to make these movies
CBW View Drop Down
Raw/Smackdown
Raw/Smackdown
Loving Cena since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CBW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/February/2012 at 11:27

Yeah - to be honest, you can crap on Cena for a lot of reasons, but this just obviously, clearly isn't one of them. They are WWE movies. He's still actively on the roster for more hours than we can count. I don't even know where to begin with how ridiculous your criticism is.

Edited by CBW - 24/February/2012 at 11:27
Trice View Drop Down
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Macho Man of TUP Ooooh Yeaah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/February/2012 at 11:32
Originally posted by CBW CBW wrote:

Yeah - to be honest, you can crap on Cena for a lot of reasons, but this just obviously, clearly isn't one of them. They are WWE movies. He's still actively on the roster for more hours than we can count. I don't even know where to begin with how ridiculous your criticism is.

Agreed, Cena himself pretty much said as much in his promo this week.
Mr Quality over Quantity 2010 |~| Mr Variety 2011
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic