TUP Wrestling Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Wrestling > Creative Zone > Ticket Wars
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Ticket Wars XIV: A Fistful Of Tickets
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ticket Wars XIV: A Fistful Of Tickets

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Message
LennyComa View Drop Down
PB Members
PB Members
Avatar

Joined: 01/August/2012
Location: Bonnie Scotland
Status: Offline
Points: 4808
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LennyComa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/April/2018 at 19:29
For me My lack of posting is due to the fact I can't watch wrasslin out here....The bars show it the day after but a white man in the bar would be something that may rile up the locals some of who sill have hatred for the colonial past of Europeans here.

A TW hiatus may be a good thing, I would still be on from time to time more to keep up with whats happening in wrestling more than post but when June rolls around I will have 2 weeks at home where I shall  be able to watch and post again...when the wife doesn't have me working on the house, Part exchanging the car or trying to get me to make her pregnant (Actually looking forward to that last one quite a bit)

TW does seem to take over the forum but i think the TW sections are so active it makes it seem like the rest of the forum is dead when it is the same as usual.

Y'know what?....It's really fucking hot here in Africa. Who knew?....Well me, I have been doing this for almost 5 years
Back to Top
Collywog3:16 View Drop Down
PB Members
PB Members
Avatar
Ticket Wars Trading Shark

Joined: 13/December/2012
Location: Australia
Status: Offline
Points: 3747
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Collywog3:16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/April/2018 at 14:35
Sorry guys, kinda stuffed up the draft order. I said Lenny was next when it was L-Shizzel's turn to pick. Apologises for the mix up.

I've just PM'd Lenny to let him know.  


Edited by Collywog3:16 - 19/April/2018 at 14:39
Back to Top
Rico Len View Drop Down
PB Members
PB Members
Avatar
Three Time TW Winner (X, XII, XIII)

Joined: 23/October/2012
Location: Yosemite Lakes
Status: Online
Points: 10862
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rico Len Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/April/2018 at 06:41
I'm really having a tough time booking my card. I feel like I have a handle on successfully getting the guys I need, but even once I do putting my matches together in the best way possible is really tough.

I've taken a different approach to putting my card together than I ever have in the past, and considering the difficulty of putting this card together, it's gone fairly. Assuming I DO get the last few people I want/need for my card, however, I am still left with a big question as to how best to pair opponents together.

I have a fairly good end of draft card written out, but I still feel like I could utilize my talent roster better some other way, but when I try and re-book the card a few people get left out because I dislike the idea of placing the remainders together simply because they're the leftovers.

I think what I am learning here most of all is that I am not going to try this approach to drafting again next season, even though in some ways it has worked out very well for me.

Tbh, I'm not even sure what my main event nor my tag match is yet.
Back to Top
Kondor View Drop Down
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Avatar
Forum Moderator / Ticket Wars Founder

Joined: 02/June/2010
Location: Right here
Status: Offline
Points: 6848
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kondor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/April/2018 at 06:00
Originally posted by #Heel #Heel wrote:

I think after this season Ticket Wars should go on a hiatus for a little while.

Its taking over the forum again and alot of people dont post elsewhere 

Plus it will give people more time to plan cards etc

Dont get me wrong im a huge fan of Ticket Wars and Kondor has done wonders creting it to be what it is but Adders has also done wonders getting this place to where it is and during Ticket Wars season - the rest of the site takes a bit of a hit

Originally posted by Rico Len Rico Len wrote:

I don't buy it. Tw only ups site traffic. If wrestling is crap no o e would come here at all without tw. 

In all honesty I wouldn't be posting here at all right now if it weren't for ticket wars. I don't like what I'm seeing on the main roster much at all and I am quite ready for another couple year break from wrestling in general.

Concerning this issue, I do agree with #Heel that TUP is a wrestling site first. I also agree that Adders has indeed done wonders in recruiting for the site (in fact I don't give enough credit for that.) But I would not say that Ticket Wars is "taking over" the forum. I actually think the amount of posting in the wrestling sections following WrestleMania, the post WrestleMania returns and call ups, and the "Superstar Shake Up", from Adders, #Heel, Fletch, and others has been great. Look how many threads were bumped and/or started. (The only reason I haven't commented much myself is because I haven't watched last week's wrestling yet besides a few snippets; I always get home on Mondays late and aim to watch the replays from On Demand later.) 

Ticket Wars is taking over the shoutbox, maybe; but only as that's become the place to notify people of their turn as it is the easiest way to do so. I do think the wresting discussion has been good; and if the discussion is lacking it is not due to people playing Ticket Wars. As Shizzel, Lenny, and myself have said, people can't watch shows all the time, people have connection issues, etc. 

I am going to have to agree with Rico that Ticket Wars brings activity to the site. And Rico and I agree on nothing. 

That all being said, how long of a break between seasons we have is up to you guys. I usually do make an post asking if people want to leap right in to the next season or have a lay off from it and was planning to do the same after this one. There are times when people can't wait to leap right in and get on me or the game runner to start the threads. There are other time when people do indeed want a break. We usually do take a break of some kind; how long is up to you guys.

Originally posted by Rico Len Rico Len wrote:

I'm really having a tough time booking my card. I feel like I have a handle on successfully getting the guys I need, but even once I do putting my matches together in the best way possible is really tough.

I've taken a different approach to putting my card together than I ever have in the past, and considering the difficulty of putting this card together, it's gone fairly. Assuming I DO get the last few people I want/need for my card, however, I am still left with a big question as to how best to pair opponents together.

I have a fairly good end of draft card written out, but I still feel like I could utilize my talent roster better some other way, but when I try and re-book the card a few people get left out because I dislike the idea of placing the remainders together simply because they're the leftovers.

I think what I am learning here most of all is that I am not going to try this approach to drafting again next season, even though in some ways it has worked out very well for me. 

Tbh, I'm not even sure what my main event nor my tag match is yet.

When I started this season I had a mental list of whom I wanted with no matches set except for a lower card match that I might actually change my mind on. I just wanted to assemble my roster the best I could. So I had a similar approach going in. But then as I was drafting, matches formed together in my mind. I know the chances are good that people may not see what I see in them; but I myself am excited about them and have fun planning them. 

At this point I know my main event, co main event, and am in the process of piecing together my tag match.  

Oh and by the way, I think people have been getting some steals in the mid to late rounds. Colly and Duke have been racking up some phenomenal talent lately.  



Edited by Kondor - 24/April/2018 at 06:05

Back to Top
Rico Len View Drop Down
PB Members
PB Members
Avatar
Three Time TW Winner (X, XII, XIII)

Joined: 23/October/2012
Location: Yosemite Lakes
Status: Online
Points: 10862
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rico Len Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/April/2018 at 14:17
Yeah I took the approach that I wanted to see these two 9-10 man lineups face off against each other, but when I dig a little deeper I'm really not finding individual matchups that excite me. If I had some decent ability to use a program like photoshop, I might be able to work on the graphical side of promoting the card and it might help a lot. As I don't have that though, I fear my card will just fall flat. /shrug ohwell. You win some, you lose some.

TBH I'm really looking forward to seeing the card Colly puts together. I don't think any one of us has a shot in hell against him at this point in the draft. Still a good bit of game left to play though obviously.

Oh, btw I also agree with you on your comment about Duke. I think he's still coming into his own in this game overall, and I think by next seasons end, he could have a real winner. This card he's putting together is really cool. Not Collywog good, but right there with some of the cards from the rest of us.

EDIT:

Hey so I just had an idea for a new gimmick for Ticket Wars I thought I'd suggest for Ticket Wars XV AND XVI.

What if we had a part 1 and part 2 for ticket wars? Where in during TW XV we have our draft, make our cards and play our game as normal, but after the season is over, we release 8 draftees and our OSDs from our roster including at least one pick from the first or second round and one tag team, keep the rest and have a shorter 10 round draft the following season to replace our depleted roster and slightly increase the size our card. Also (this is likely to entice Colly) we can include trades for picks for the next season during TW XV.

This means that we replace not quite half our card one of our main eventers and one tag team, but we have holdovers, our promotion remains the same, the players would have to remain the same (that might be a sticking point?) but for those who like making storylines, you can do a story arch that spans 2 PPV cycles. And possibly, if you book you were to say book your #1 draft pick to main event against your #3 draft pick, you could even have a main event rematch with a different stipulation, or turn it into a triple threat, or some such thing.

Anyways, I know you guys didn't like my previous idea of having a master list of wrestlers available, but maybe this is more interesting?


Edited by Rico Len - 24/April/2018 at 17:39
Back to Top
Kondor View Drop Down
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Avatar
Forum Moderator / Ticket Wars Founder

Joined: 02/June/2010
Location: Right here
Status: Offline
Points: 6848
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kondor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7 hours 47 minutes ago at 06:33
Couple things... 


First of all, goood pick Demon Duck. Now my tag match is back to square one. Tongue (And no, it wasn't simply Horsewomen vs Horsewomen.) But aye, I can hear Rico telling me I should have secured her sooner; and he'd be right. Fair game you have her. 

Second, I admit I have been dropping the ball sometimes when it comes to keeping the selected list updated. Colly has helped sometimes when I was tied up and I thank him; but ultimately it is my responsibility no matter what else I have going on and I accept that responsibility as well as the blame. I apologize and I will be on it more often. 

Originally posted by Rico Len Rico Len wrote:

Yeah I took the approach that I wanted to see these two 9-10 man lineups face off against each other, but when I dig a little deeper I'm really not finding individual matchups that excite me. If I had some decent ability to use a program like photoshop, I might be able to work on the graphical side of promoting the card and it might help a lot. As I don't have that though, I fear my card will just fall flat. /shrug ohwell. You win some, you lose some.

I actually am looking forward to see what you do with Bret and Owen Hart. Bret Hart is my favorite of all time and I have always said I could watch him wrestle a broom; but I have seen him in matches in Ticket Wars that didn't really excite me. So your card could earn my ticket all the way through if the match ups are right.  

Originally posted by Rico Len Rico Len wrote:

TBH I'm really looking forward to seeing the card Colly puts together. I don't think any one of us has a shot in hell against him at this point in the draft. Still a good bit of game left to play though obviously.

Oh, btw I also agree with you on your comment about Duke. I think he's still coming into his own in this game overall, and I think by next seasons end, he could have a real winner. This card he's putting together is really cool. Not Collywog good, but right there with some of the cards from the rest of us.

We all know Colly has a killer roster and he has indeed been racking them up in the mid to late rounds with talent like Ricky Steamboat, Jake the Snake, Rowdy Roddy Piper, and Diamond Dallas Page. Plus of course he managed to land Shawn Michaels and Macho Man despite picking last. He has some great matches already announced; but it is a lot of the usual names. Great names that are reliable to put on a good match; but nothing out of the box. 

But Duke impressed me by recently taking Mitsuharu Misawa, Kenta Kobashi, and before that Andre The Giant and Ravishing Rick Rude. To be honest it's going to be hard to get into Duke's card for me as as is known I am not a fan of MMA. So to me it's what he does with them mentioned above, Brock, and Angle that will determine where my ticket goes when it is voting time.  

But I don't want to be talking like it's over. In the end, anyone can take it if its booked right. 

Originally posted by Rico Len Rico Len wrote:

EDIT:

Hey so I just had an idea for a new gimmick for Ticket Wars I thought I'd suggest for Ticket Wars XV AND XVI.

What if we had a part 1 and part 2 for ticket wars? Where in during TW XV we have our draft, make our cards and play our game as normal, but after the season is over, we release 8 draftees and our OSDs from our roster including at least one pick from the first or second round and one tag team, keep the rest and have a shorter 10 round draft the following season to replace our depleted roster and slightly increase the size our card. Also (this is likely to entice Colly) we can include trades for picks for the next season during TW XV.

This means that we replace not quite half our card one of our main eventers and one tag team, but we have holdovers, our promotion remains the same, the players would have to remain the same (that might be a sticking point?) but for those who like making storylines, you can do a story arch that spans 2 PPV cycles. And possibly, if you book you were to say book your #1 draft pick to main event against your #3 draft pick, you could even have a main event rematch with a different stipulation, or turn it into a triple threat, or some such thing.

Anyways, I know you guys didn't like my previous idea of having a master list of wrestlers available, but maybe this is more interesting?

You're right. I hated your previous idea of having a pre set list to pick from as half the strategy of Ticket Wars is thinking of who to take (we have lists of the previous seasons' drafts but a list that everyone will look at each day would make it glaring.) 

But your new idea is interesting with its pros and cons. On one hand as you said federations can keep a continuation of both storylines and a partial roster from one season to the next. On the other hand, it limits drafting (half of the game) and may be unfair to a new player/promotion entering the season after. 

Also, I assume that the half roster we keep we can still trade in the second season? 

It could work if we have the same players one season to the next but would greatly hinder new entries. But I want to be open minded on this.  

I guess my official answer is that we'll get a sense of what people say. 


Edited by Kondor - 7 hours 38 minutes ago at 06:42

Back to Top
LennyComa View Drop Down
PB Members
PB Members
Avatar

Joined: 01/August/2012
Location: Bonnie Scotland
Status: Offline
Points: 4808
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LennyComa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4 hours 27 minutes ago at 09:53
If you do a sign up thread as normal if there is a new player we could do a kind of expansion draft for them like when the Las Vegas Knights entered the NHL. No new players then we can do Rico idea.
Y'know what?....It's really fucking hot here in Africa. Who knew?....Well me, I have been doing this for almost 5 years
Back to Top
Kondor View Drop Down
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Avatar
Forum Moderator / Ticket Wars Founder

Joined: 02/June/2010
Location: Right here
Status: Offline
Points: 6848
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kondor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2 hours 2 minutes ago at 12:18
Either way to follow "A Fistful of Dollars Tickets" the next season will be called "For A Few Dollars Tickets More." But if we do Rico's idea that season after will be perfect for "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly." 

You guys do know/like the Clint Eastwood movies, right?  


Edited by Kondor - 1 hour 40 minutes ago at 12:40

Back to Top
Rico Len View Drop Down
PB Members
PB Members
Avatar
Three Time TW Winner (X, XII, XIII)

Joined: 23/October/2012
Location: Yosemite Lakes
Status: Online
Points: 10862
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rico Len Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5 minutes ago at 14:15
I suppose it wouldn't be too hard to work around for new players...

I mean say only 1 player drops out from game A to game B. His entire roster would be released to free agency between games, and the new player can pick 12 people before our regular draft begins.

We would probably have to set in place a few rules so that he doesn't just draft all our 1st and 2nd round castoff, putting him at a clear advantage, but I'm sure we could figure something out.

Tbh though I'd rather signups for TWXV be made clear that they are also signups for TXVI as well so that they go in knowing they're playing 2 back to back seasons. And then if someone is forced to drop out because something came up during the first season we deal with it then.

Edited by Rico Len - 3 minutes ago at 14:17
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.063 seconds.