Print Page | Close Window

General TNA News

Printed From: TUP Wrestling Forum
Category: Wrestling
Forum Name: Impact Wrestling
Forum Description: Airs on Pop TV every Thursday night.
URL: http://www.tupwrestlingforum.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=8705
Printed Date: 17/December/2018 at 16:35
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com


Topic: General TNA News
Posted By: admin
Subject: General TNA News
Date Posted: 06/March/2009 at 18:04

Quote source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

-- Company revenue increased tremendously over the past year, largely due to running a regular schedule of live shows, more revenue from Spike as a result of Impact's first full year of two-hour programs, not to mention huge increases in merchandise sales. TNA appears to more recession proof than World Wrestling Entertainment because such a high percentage of the company's revenue is fixed revenue from Spike and less is from overseas where currency has greatly declined. However, the company is not immune from taking cost-cutting measures when necessary.

As noted earlier, the company chose not renew the contracts of veteran performers Sonjay Dutt, Petey Williams, Jimmy Rave and Lance Hoyt. Their departures from the company were partially as a result of budget cuts.

TNA has been looking to cut costs in other areas. Most notably, they've been running less pay-per-view events on the road as of late. While the company looks a whole lot more major league doing pay-per-views from arenas across the country with larger crowds as opposed to the former home of Nickelodeon GUTS and WCW WorldWide, it's simply much more cost effective to run events in Orlando in most cases.

For the most part, TNA has had trouble drawing solid crowds for pay-per-view events taken on the road. There have been countless reports of floor seats being available the weekend of a pay-per-view. Oftentimes, TNA papers the events days before the show, thus explaining why the buildings look packed come show time. For this past January's Genesis event in Charlotte, TNA ran a deal on Ticketmaster.com for fans to enter the code "STING" and receive up to four tickets for free.

In another cost cutting measure, officials stopped giving Monday off after road pay-per-view shows to save a day of costs.

Despite the cutbacks, they haven't been close to as severe as WWE.

* Doing less PPVs on the road should not be a case of cost cutting. They should be wondering why they can't make money from going on the road.

* Ratings are good and revenue as grown massively, so it looks like the future is pretty bright.

* I'd like them to charge less to watch a pay per view on the road so the venues don't look so empty.



-------------



Replies:
Posted By: Fletch
Date Posted: 06/March/2009 at 18:32
Good to see that despite the heavy criticism TNA is receiving business is apparently booming.
Im happy because despite the many flaws in TNA they do produce some enjoyable moments and its nice to have a alternative to WWE available, of course its also good for the business in general as it gives talent a promotion other than WWE to work for that has mainstream television exposure.

Far as scrapping PPV's on the road i can understand why they would do this in these tough economic times as obviously the production costs sky rocket when taking a PPV out of the Impact Zone.
TNA do need to ask themselves why the fans are not buying tickets, my opinion would be as Admin said either the tickets are over priced or in my view TNA are not making the PPV's worth the journey.
WWE always promote big matches on PPV, TNA need to do the same, i know they do on occasion but alot of the time they fill the cards up with run of the mill tag matches, they need to promote matches that are unmissable.


-------------


Posted By: malagant1735
Date Posted: 06/March/2009 at 21:09
I wouldnt let the numbers game fool you too much. There are wrestling fans out there that watch the show just for seeing their past time stars, which right now is temporary relief, since they are all set to retire in the very near future, except for Kurt Angle. Once those stars retire for good, all they will have to see from TNA is the product, which right now is a complete joke, and once they retire, watch their rating freefall if they dont get this mess straightened up. Don't forget also, Orlando has been TNA's home form the very beginning, they know what TNA can do, and what they have been given is utter garbage, and can't even sellout their home turf for shows and PPV's. That would concern me in the worse way. They are living on the lifelines of the Main Event Mafia, Samoa Joe, AJ Styles, Mick Foley, and team 3D. WCW took the same path, and if TNA isn't careful, their fate will be the same as WCW.

-------------
If it isn't broken, Don't tinker with it...TNA!!


Posted By: Fletch
Date Posted: 06/March/2009 at 21:59
I do think TNA are living for tommorrow somewhat, Sting, Nash and Steiner will probably not still be wrestling in twelve months time and Angle is rumoured to be heading back to WWE at the end of the year.

Without these guys with name value it will be tough times in TNA, so they do need to plan ahead by elevating current talent or start negotiating with some of the free agents out there, RVD has already been mentioned and another is Bobby Lashley, alot of people hate this guy but he has name value and i actually saw alot of potential in him, WWE just pushed him to hard way to quickly.


-------------


Posted By: malagant1735
Date Posted: 07/March/2009 at 04:50
To be honest, Since the contract to ROH's Nigel McGuinness, Brian Danielson, the Briscoe brothers, and Roderick Strong are all set to expire in March or April. All these guys are very good, If TNA puts out offers to these guys and get at least some of these guys on the roster, I will believe what you said 100% in that they are thinking of the tomorrow of TNA, but yet again, the Creative Production Team scares me to no end, and till they fix it, that feeling wont go away, and I'm sure before those guys do sign with TNA, they will do their homework on the TNA product and see if they will benefit from TNA.

-------------
If it isn't broken, Don't tinker with it...TNA!!


Posted By: Fletch
Date Posted: 07/March/2009 at 19:52
I think the current TNA product will worry alot of young wrestlers, they will look at the likes of Doug Williams, Petey Williams, Sonjay Dutt and Jay Lethal and maybe think is that what i can look forward to in TNA?

I would expect any of the cream of ROH talent to strongly consider offers from WWE before they go signing up with TNA.
TNA at present is appealing to wrestlers with name value who are winding down their careers and can still get a decent payday for working a light schedule in TNA, that is why i think RVD and Lashley would consider signing.
Trouble is some of these so called big names are clearly just enjoying the reduced schedule and nice pay cheque and have little passion left as you can tell from some of the phoned in performances.


-------------


Posted By: malagant1735
Date Posted: 07/March/2009 at 20:51
True, but look at what WWE is doing with the guys they get from TNA or some of these smaller brands. They just job them. That would be my big worry with signing with WWE. One thing that the youth wrestlers would consider signing with TNA over WWE is the fact they have a better chance to make a name for themselves with TNA as serious wrestlers, and can show off their talent much more than WWE would. As you already see with Smackdown and Raw, the WWE is focusing mainly on their main eventers for about 80-85% of their TV shows, so these guys wouldnt get the push they would like in the WWE, whereas TNA, they released some of their "undercards", i quote it because to me, are X Division main eventers, and the MEM are mostly not returning once their contracts are up, this would be their chance to shine on TV. As for TNA signing Lashley, he wont sign with TNA since he is currently with MMA, and will probably follow the line of Brock Lesnar in the UFC. MMA would be downright stupid to allow Lashley to get away from them to sign back to a wrestling entertainment company, and I can't see that is what Lashley would want either.

-------------
If it isn't broken, Don't tinker with it...TNA!!


Posted By: Fletch
Date Posted: 08/March/2009 at 19:58
MMA is Lashley's number one priority and if he puts in a good showing against Shamrock i think UFC will sign him, if this happens im sure Lashley will devote all his time to MMA and that will effectively end his wrestling career for the forseeable future.

However Lashley has said he is still open to wrestling offers and hinted at going to TNA as WWE would not offer him a schedule he would be happy with.
He also has friends in TNA in Booker and Angle.


-------------


Posted By: malagant1735
Date Posted: 08/March/2009 at 20:05
He wont have friends in TNA if Booker retires and Angle returns to the WWE :P

-------------
If it isn't broken, Don't tinker with it...TNA!!


Posted By: Ministry Hunter
Date Posted: 08/March/2009 at 20:18
Originally posted by fletch fletch wrote:

MMA is Lashley's number one priority and if he puts in a good showing against Shamrock i think UFC will sign him, if this happens im sure Lashley will devote all his time to MMA and that will effectively end his wrestling career for the forseeable future.

However Lashley has said he is still open to wrestling offers and hinted at going to TNA as WWE would not offer him a schedule he would be happy with.
He also has friends in TNA in Booker and Angle.

Dana White has said in the past he doesn't want to bring Lashley to UFC this early, but I think he's just wating for him to get more experience first so he would be credible in the UFC and wouldn't just be riding on his WWE success there.

I think it's inevitable that Lashley will be in UFC before long because Dana White can surely see the money and PPV revenue that a Lesnar/Lashley fight would generate.


-------------


YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/EnforcerX71" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/user/EnforcerX71


Posted By: malagant1735
Date Posted: 08/March/2009 at 21:45
Like I said earlier, Lashley will probably follow the same line that Lesnar did. Put him in undercard MMA fights to get experience before putting him in the UFC, and yes, he will generate good revenue.

-------------
If it isn't broken, Don't tinker with it...TNA!!


Posted By: C-Squared
Date Posted: 08/March/2009 at 23:06

Lashley has basiclly said that if he was asked to go back to the WWE, he would say yes.

Now i heard, that in a interview a couple of months back.

 



-------------
C-Squared


Posted By: Fletch
Date Posted: 09/March/2009 at 00:14
I cant see him working for WWE again, he has said he wants a lighter schedule and with the prospect of a UFC career in front of him why would he go back? UFC would be crazy not to cash in on a Lashley/Lesnar fight, they just want Lashley to get a couple of fights under his belt.
WWE would not grant a light schedule to a guy who no doubt had potential but ultimately failed to become the top drawing babyface they wanted him to be despite receiving a massive push.


-------------


Posted By: malagant1735
Date Posted: 09/March/2009 at 02:35
the main reason why Lashley didn't draw as well as he could is because he has the same background as LEsnar and everyone knew that, same big figure, same style, so basically the fans look at what he does, and tell me except for the finisher (which the F-5 was much better), what have we not seen from Lashley that would separate him from Lesnar? Lashley kinda had that cockiness in him, but Lesnar was a volcano waiting to erupt. Everytime Lesnar got in the ring, you knew something big would happen. Thats how Lesnar got over with the fans.

-------------
If it isn't broken, Don't tinker with it...TNA!!


Posted By: HOO-RAR
Date Posted: 09/March/2009 at 16:38

What would Lashley bring to TNA in all fairness? The answer is very little. They already have a big, tall muscleman in Matt Morgan who's far more capable on the mic then Lashley ever has been, and he'd be one of these stars that wouldn't get too far before being knocked back into the midcard followed by a swift release.

He was good in WWE because he had this aura to him on Smackdown and ECW. On RAW he was put out of his element in a roster which was so full of names he looked like a spare part. He got one month with Cena and while still looking dominant, failed to find himself there a month later.

Now see him try to that with Kurt/Sting/AJ....I can't say his odds would be favourable.



-------------
> Official TNA resident mark <
TUP Long Term Poster 2012
TUP Quality > Quantity Poster 08/09


Posted By: malagant1735
Date Posted: 09/March/2009 at 21:03
I think Lashley would fit in TNA a lot better than he would in the WWE. I know TNA has a monster face in Abyss, but i think Lashley has more to offer right now than Abyss. Sad considering I did love Abyss when he was with Mitchell, but Abyss' character has gone completely out of whack with the therapy and all that. On top of that, Lashley would draw more than Abyss would, and to top it, hes a natural wrestler. But I know Lashley would stay in MMA, and btw Lashley/Ken shamrock match coming up i think on the 22rd of march. 

-------------
If it isn't broken, Don't tinker with it...TNA!!


Posted By: Fletch
Date Posted: 10/March/2009 at 00:36
I saw alot of potential in Lashley but his downfall was his lousy mic skills.
WWE should have booked him as a heel like Lesnar was originally, with a manager to act as his mouth piece.
Anyway he most likely wont be in TNA anytime soon unless Shamrock completely destroys him but i think that is unlikely.


-------------


Posted By: admin
Date Posted: 19/March/2009 at 23:30

Quote source: PWInsider.com

-- It looks like TNA fans won't be seeing Cute Kip and Jacqueline on their television screens anymore — or at least much.

Following TNA president Dixie Carter's decision to remove them from television this past week, the two veterans have apparently been phased out as performers altogether — quite like BG James this past summer. However, they will likely be retained on the company payroll in the role of backstage agents offering guidance to the women of the Knockouts division.

Both wrestlers are 45 years old.

* TNA get slagged off for having old people on screen and not pushing younger people as much as they should, yet those same people will be upset with one or both of those people being phased out.

* It will probably not even get brought up on screen why Kip or Jacqueline is even missing from Impact for.

* Backstage they could both come in useful, but will be on less money just being trainers or road agents.



-------------


Posted By: drey7337
Date Posted: 19/March/2009 at 23:41
Dixie could have atleast given The Beautiful People a rub. Kip tells them he's tired of there shit, and *rips off shirt* SUCK IT! They then low blow him. tie him in the ropes and attack him, then the Gov. and the other run down for the save. It atleast gives them and the fans a reason for him being gone.

Jaq. was a great worker, and will be a great aganet, and probably was a agent in an unofficial way for a while.


-------------


Posted By: judaspeace
Date Posted: 16/April/2009 at 07:22
Iv got to agree with drey they should of (still could) one SOMEthing with KIP on his way out. Same with Jackie really----Im  much sadder to see her go to be honest.

-------------


Posted By: admin
Date Posted: 10/February/2010 at 14:48
Quote TNA runs in Charlottesville, Virginia at the John Paul Jones Arena on February 11th with the following card:

* TNA champion AJ Styles vs. D'Angelo Dinero
* Kurt Angle & Beer Money, Inc. vs. Desmond Wolfe & The British Invasion
* The Beautiful People vs. TNA Knockouts Champion Tara & Angelina Love - Handicap Match
* Also scheduled: Jeff Jarrett, Daniels, Homicide, Lethal Consequences, Generation Me, Jesse Neal, and more

TNA runs in Norfolk, Virginia at the Constant Center on February 12th with the following card:

* TNA champion AJ Styles (with Ric Flair) vs. Kurt Angle
* The Beautiful People vs. TNA Knockouts Champion Tara & Angelina Love - Handicap Match
* D'Angelo Dinero vs. Daniels
*Lethal Consequences vs. Generation Me
* Also scheduled: Jeff Jarrett, Beer Money, Desmond Wolfe, Homicide, The British Invasion, Jesse Neal, and more

 
* Why is Flair only announced for one of the two house shows that weekend?
 
* With Naitch doing an house show that should mean he can miss a television taping in his deal unless he's been offered extra for house show dates.
 
* Pope in the main event is surely a sign of things to come.


-------------


Posted By: badguy
Date Posted: 11/February/2010 at 04:06
I think Flair wouldve been offered more money to appear at the house show, so he is going ahead in doing it.

-------------




Posted By: Gx
Date Posted: 11/February/2010 at 09:44
For added effect, imagine reading this if it was drawn in crayon.
 
 
Dear T.N.A.
 
Please can I have a match? I've been practising loads, and promise to try my bestest and some people think I'm very good.
 
Love,
 
Samoa Joe.


-------------
Fletch: Why didnt Vince just get a load of monitors to act as lumberjacks? Then Bret wouldnt have stood a chance. That monitor will be inducted in to the HOF at Wrestlemania 30.


Posted By: admin
Date Posted: 18/February/2010 at 21:05
Quote Partial Source: The Wrestling Observer

-- TNA drew 1,200 fans this past Thursday to its live event in Charlottesville, Virginia. While the number is above what the company usually draws, the event was held in a 17,000 seat arena.

WTF were TNA thinking actually booking such a huge venue for the house show?
 
They surely lost money on the event and the atmosphere can't have been upto much.
 
Stateside for house shows they should be sticking to 5K venues at the very most.


-------------


Posted By: thundarr2000
Date Posted: 18/February/2010 at 22:07
There's an arena nearby that used to have WCW shows every 4-6 months.  WCW used to sell-out all the time.  WCW held a Clash of Champions, Monday Night Nitro, and even a PPV there.  The arena usually seats 10,000 for wrestling events. It was suggested to the company that runs the arena to try and get TNA to maybe have a PPV event.  The company just chuckled and said they were working on trying to get WWE to come back to the city.  Having these draw numbers coming out explains why certain arenas aren't even interested in TNA.


Posted By: Pac-Man
Date Posted: 18/February/2010 at 22:13
Originally posted by The Wrestling Observer The Wrestling Observer wrote:

-- TNA drew 1,200 fans this past Thursday to its live event in Charlottesville, Virginia. While the number is above what the company usually draws, the event was held in a 17,000 seat arena.

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Seriously, that was my only reaction. 17,000 seat arena? They didn't even get 10% of that! HA!



-------------


Posted By: badguy
Date Posted: 19/February/2010 at 10:23
That is quite pathetic when you think about it. TNA should only go for arenas that can fill atleast 3000 to 5000 seats, because rarely would they ever and probably have never gotten that much.

-------------




Posted By: admin
Date Posted: 14/May/2010 at 23:23
Quote Partial Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

-- Though the stars of TNA Wrestling are famous and appear on a national television show viewed by millions per week, it does not necessarily translate into huge pay checks for a good portion of the roster. This fact especially rings true with the company's Knockouts as multiple sources have indicated that majority of its female performers earn between $200 and $400 per appearance. It's been said that Daffney, SoCal Val and reigning Women's Knockout Champion Madison Rayne garner slightly more than $200 per appearance. However, they are not the lowest paid members on the roster as that dubious distinction reportedly belongs to Generation Me � Max and Jeremy � both of whom earn $200 per appearance.

$200 per appearance is pathetic no matter who it is and it makes you wonder why they bother to work there.
 
A show that is watched by a couple of million worldwide and they seriously under pay talent.
 
Dixie must be good at presuading people to get Generation Me for so cheap.


-------------


Posted By: ihatethatmonkee
Date Posted: 16/May/2010 at 13:27
is that the same as the going indie pay? if it's more,all they can really complain about is it being per appearance.

-------------


Posted By: badguy
Date Posted: 16/May/2010 at 13:37
$200 per appearance isnt that bad, sure its not like the WWE pay, but damn its not that bad pay and TNA wrestlers can still wrestle on the independants and chances are they could easily demand a higher pay cheque from the indy promotions they work for due to working for TNA.

-------------




Posted By: bigfloridapimp
Date Posted: 16/May/2010 at 22:50
i dont have anything to report, or add. but i think this should be sticky and used way more instead of making some of these topics like bubba plays rock band and shit like that. why have thise thread if we never use it for the small stuff?

-------------


Posted By: John The Baptist
Date Posted: 30/June/2010 at 02:16




Not really sure if this was real or work, I'll guess it was planned though.

-------------


Posted By: xXDemon_DuckXx
Date Posted: 30/June/2010 at 02:29
The look on Lethal's face = priceless.

Damn, that dude got slapped like the bitch he was. 


-------------


Posted By: Ministry Hunter
Date Posted: 30/June/2010 at 02:59
It's Velvet, of course it's a work LOL.

-------------


YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/EnforcerX71" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/user/EnforcerX71


Posted By: admin
Date Posted: 30/June/2010 at 22:19
What a pointless work that was by Velvet Sky as what can come of it? Very little.
 
Quote Partial Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

� Spike TV has given TNA more of a green light to go "more hardcore", whatever that means.

Being like the old ECW would be the most obvious reason.
 
Maybe TNA want to up their adult content and make it more like a show for 18 plus.


-------------


Posted By: xXDemon_DuckXx
Date Posted: 30/June/2010 at 22:30
Originally posted by admin admin wrote:


Being like the old ECW would be the most obvious reason.
 
Maybe TNA want to up their adult content and make it more like a show for 18 plus.

That wouldnt be a bad idea, since the adult market would be easier to snag than the younger market, as some of the adult fans want something more hardcore. However, do they really have enough talent in shape to pull it off?
It would be a real challenge to try and take WWE's younger market, as the company has a stranglehold on that market with the likes of Cena and Mysterio.


-------------


Posted By: bigfloridapimp
Date Posted: 01/July/2010 at 00:04
Originally posted by xXDemon_DuckXx xXDemon_DuckXx wrote:

Originally posted by admin admin wrote:


Being like the old ECW would be the most obvious reason.
 
Maybe TNA want to up their adult content and make it more like a show for 18 plus.

That wouldnt be a bad idea, since the adult market would be easier to snag than the younger market, as some of the adult fans want something more hardcore. However, do they really have enough talent in shape to pull it off?
It would be a real challenge to try and take WWE's younger market, as the company has a stranglehold on that market with the likes of Cena and Mysterio.


Is that a typo or am I reading you wrong>?


I wouldnt mind TNA being more like ECW because all these years after ECW everyone stills talks about it and would love it back.


-------------


Posted By: xXDemon_DuckXx
Date Posted: 01/July/2010 at 03:31
Yes, you are reading it wrong. I said it wouldnt be a bad idea.

I wouldnt mind TNA being more like ECW, because surely we all miss the chair shots, kendo sticks to the head, and a good table or two smashed, along with all the blood that soon followed.
People still talking about ECW doesnt surprise me, as it was a unique brand that neither WWE/F nor WCW could imitate. 

As I said though, the only thing that concerns me is if TNA has the talent that is young enough and dedicated enough to put themselves through such a beating if they were to make TNA more like ECW.


-------------


Posted By: Pac-Man
Date Posted: 01/July/2010 at 10:25
The thing about it, though, is it could be terrific, or it could easily go too far and become terrible. It's good that TNA is taking itself in a direction that is clearly edgier than WWE's usually badly-done PG environment (how many times have I said WWE often respect the wrong side of PG?), but if they try to make this thing on the same level of hardcore as the original ECW, that's not good for careers, and that's not good for business.

Why wouldn't it be good for careers? Simple; look at the physical condition of many of the old ECW alumni. Sure, they can do the bloody extreme match on occasion, but are the current TNA talent
really built for that every week any more than the guys were in the original ECW? Yes, this even includes a couple of guys who have shown that they'll never shy from it, namely Kurt Angle and Ric Flair. Both of those two guys simply cannot blade without looking like they're about to die as it is, and you know they're gonna blade because it's just what they do. Kurt does it in certain matches to be even more badass than necessary, and Ric does it because it's the only way he can physically get over. Also,  The pattern says they continue to blade and it probably gets worse in an ECW environment.

Why's it bad for business? Because after a good while the hardcore stuff will have no meaning anymore. The WWF Attitude era lived for the hardcore, edgy stuff, and yes, they had people bleed a lot, but already TNA typically has people bleed even more than WWF Attitude. And already people have complained that the blood doesn't mean as much to segments and matches anymore on Impact. Take TNA too close to ECW, and the blood itself will eventually mean nothing more than cannon fodder for hardcore junkies to salivate about and others to not care for.

I'm not saying this can't be good, or that I haven't thought about the pros. But I've also thought about the cons as well, and since everybody's ready to bring up the pros, I just thought I'd fill up the other side of the argument. Carry on, peeps.


-------------


Posted By: admin
Date Posted: 13/July/2010 at 21:39
Quote Source: The Wrestling Observer

There is a ton of stuff going on behind the scenes right now within TNA Wrestling. As of this writing, there is no deal between Paul Heyman and TNA. Talks are ongoing with Dixie Carter doing most of the talking with Paul.

Eric Bischoff and Hulk Hogan were both not at the pay-per-view and both will not be at TV this week. According to a source, Bischoff is at a bike rally and Hogan is recovering from recent back surgery. One source also noted that Hogan wasn't going to be there if the Heyman deal got close as he seems to have some issues with it.

It should also be noted that TNA president Dixie Carter held a company meeting today before the iMPACT! tapings, but it was just to tell everyone to tighten up their ring work. Paul Heyman was not mentioned although he was on the mind of management and talents.

We hope to have more shortly. Stay tuned as things may get quite interesting in the coming weeks. This is backstage wrestling politics to a tee.

At least Hogan had a legit reason for not being at the tapings, unlike Bischoff.
 
Hogan will be feeling like he's about to be turfed out of his well paid position.
 
Dixie who's never worked a match in her life telling the workers to tighten up LOLLOLLOL


-------------


Posted By: Fletch
Date Posted: 18/November/2010 at 19:07
-- According to backstage sources, there has been some cost cutting measures within TNA over the last month or so. TNA management and the top decision makers are coming to terms with the fact that some of the top names who are the highest paid talents are not doing anything for the company's ratings. According to the source, several big changes are planned for the early part of next year. It's possible some of the higher paid talents will be asked to take pay cuts which likely won't go over well. It should be noted that Dixie Carter's mother (Janice) is one person in particular who is putting her foot down and demanding cost cutting measures.

Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter
 
Cant believe it took them this long to realise.....
 
Sting should be released and Kevin Nash should not be offered a new deal, the likes of Ken Anderson and Jeff Hardy should be offered realistic salaries when their contracts are due for renewal.
 
But the biggest cut I would make would be to not renew Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff's deals when they expire. They have not made a massive difference to the ratings and the changes they have made have put TNA into the red if anything.


-------------


Posted By: John The Baptist
Date Posted: 18/November/2010 at 19:38
I'll believe it when it actually happens, as most likely scenario goes like this -



Dixie - "Youre old and dont draw anymore, we need you to take a pay cut"

Sting - "No."

Dixie - "Oh ok, thats fine"


end

-------------


Posted By: Trice
Date Posted: 18/November/2010 at 20:26
release:
Robbie E.
Cookie.
Hogan.
Bischoff.
Sting.
Nash.
All of Eevee 2, except Kendrick and Foley

Give Foley, JJ, Meth, RVD, Anderson, pay cuts.

Push Morgan, Pope, Wolfe, AJ and Joe, using Meth, RVD, Angle (like he did with Wolfe) and Anderson. Create a few more merch sellers. wouldnt take much especially for pope (glasses) and AJ/Joe (will always be over with TNA fans, forever)

Reduced costs and planned for a increase of revenue in the future.

Thats how, brother, you, brother, would be able, brother, to sort out a little, brother, bit of the money, brother, problems. brother.




brother.



-------------
Mr Quality over Quantity 2010 |~| Mr Variety 2011


Posted By: thundarr2000
Date Posted: 18/November/2010 at 22:36
I would love to hear those meetings.
 
I imagine Dixie standing in front of several of the top paid guys and saying "My Mom says you're fired."


Posted By: Fletch
Date Posted: 19/November/2010 at 06:24
I would hope that even Dixie is smart enough to realise that Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff have not been worth the investment as ratings and buy-rates have not improved. Hogan in 2010 broken-down and unable to wrestle is not a draw.

Dixie should cut both loose when their contracts expire and attempt to agree terms with Paul Heyman who hopefully would look to create a refreshing, less dated product that would act as a decent alternative to WWE.

-------------


Posted By: thundarr2000
Date Posted: 20/November/2010 at 04:43
I don't have any faith in Dixie Carter.  I think she's got blinders on and can't see the big picture.  I think we can credit Vince Russo for that.  Russo's been around a lot longer than Bitchoff & Hogan.  And he's been in Dixie's ear for a long time.


Posted By: admin
Date Posted: 01/March/2017 at 14:21
Quote From Jim Ross Website

Expect more talents to likely leave Impact Wrestling as that is the norm for the biz when creative and management changes are made. It's akin to a sports team replacing their coaching staff with a new one. The new style/philosophy doesn't always fit for all the incumbent talents. 

I'm encouraged that Jeff Jarrett and company will do a good job with  whatever they have to work with in Impact Wrestling. 

Drew Galloway is departing Impact as many of you are aware but the Scottish star also won't be looking for work for long. After seeing Galloway in action, in person, recently I can tell you that Drew has emerged as a top hand and can work in main event bouts for any company currently promoting pro wresting.



A reference lost on many but WWE/TNA talent thing reminds me a lot of Darts with the British Darts Organisation and Professional Darts Corporation.

TNA are the BDO. The small fry rivals that no matter how much talent they lose to their rivals they just creating new well known names and carry on.

For them to lose five talents this week all of which could do a good job in E obviously isn't good for them. But they will find new people and hopefully get them over as they have many times in the past.


-------------


Posted By: Rico Len
Date Posted: 01/March/2017 at 14:50
Can we finally just admit that RoH is the 2nd biggest/best company in the States now?

Overall I'd say NJPW is #2 and has been just about forever except for during WCW's time in the spotlight.


-------------


Posted By: admin
Date Posted: 01/March/2017 at 15:04
Originally posted by Rico Len Rico Len wrote:

Can we finally just admit that RoH is the 2nd biggest/best company in the States now?


TNA still gets better ratings and has much better TV deals around the world and stateside, so i'd say it's still three. Nobody talks about it on here which is a shame.

Quote From Jim Ross Website

I'm not buying the alleged reason that the Hardy's and Drew Galloway decided to not re=sign with Impact Wrestling was because during the sale of the company that this matter simply either got backburnered or it fell through the cracks. No matter the reason, it's inexcusable for any company to allow these high level negotiations to crash and burn as they did. Fundamentally, to present talents with new contracts essentially only a few days from the TV tapings isn't good business from my perspective. 

The two most vital elements in any company promoting any combat sport, including pro wrestling, is talent and television. If either one of those two elements are missing then failure isn't far behind. For Impact Wrestling, what was more important then stabilizing the existing talent roaster especially the top level of the roster for which Matt and Jeff Hardy and Galloway were a part?   

Nonetheless, I do have a heightened level of optimism for Impact since the return of Jeff Jarrett and his hand picked team. Jeff and Co will likely make sound, in ring, wrestling decisions and not subject their TV audience to embarrassingly bad acting in long skits (especially, in ring bad acting) and vignettes that do as much to encourage fans to channel surf as any thing one can arguably do.

Bottom line on this matter is two fold...WWE will likely get stronger if the Hardy's return to their original, home base and Matt and Jeff's departure opens the door for some other, hungry talents to seize their opportunity to become a main event players.



Galloway, Hardys, Mike Bennett and Maria Kanelis would all strengthen any roster E has.

Now that E have four 'brands' there is something for everyone.


-------------


Posted By: Rico Len
Date Posted: 01/March/2017 at 15:50
Originally posted by admin admin wrote:

Originally posted by Rico Len Rico Len wrote:

Can we finally just admit that RoH is the 2nd biggest/best company in the States now?


TNA still gets better ratings and has much better TV deals around the world and stateside, so i'd say it's still three. Nobody talks about it on here which is a shame.

Does it? If you say so, I won't argue. I find that hard to believe TBH, but since I really don't know I'll believe you.

RoH has been available ever since it started on my one and only cable package I've had since moving out of my parents house 16 years ago. TNA has gone on and off of my cable listings.

RoH was some real shit while TNA was at it's highest point, but prior to that RoH was pretty great, and then NOW? TBH for the last 2, 3, 4 year or so I would say RoH is the much more watchable show.


-------------


Posted By: Fletch
Date Posted: 14/December/2017 at 16:47
Quote Dave Meltzer reported in the latest issue of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter that Impact Wrestling is pushing the intellectual property and freedom aspects in the sense that talent will be free to work many other places and not have to be exclusive to them while recruiting new talent.

The promotion is selling it that the talents can use Impact to help build their names and also can retain their intellectual property rights.

It is expected that Bobby Lashley and Ethan Carter III will leave when their contracts are up, and one or both will end up with WWE.


It appears TNA are going for more of a independent group business model with no exclusively contracted talent, it seems they are far more willing to just book talent on a per appearance basis and allow them to work elsewhere, I’m guessing this is cheaper and is likely also because they plan to tape tv in bigger blocks and run less live events.

It’s sad to see how far they’ve fallen, from once being a fairly decent alternative to WWE with a lot of star power to now being a glorified indy fed with a small time tv deal. Seems the remaining top names are set to filter out, James Storm has gone, Eddie Edwards is said to be on his way out and now ECIII and Lashley heading for the exit. All four of those talents are rumoured to be on their way to WWE. Very happy about this especially in the cases of Lashley and ECIII.

From what I hear TNA are looking to recruit more local Canadian talent from where they will be running their tapings.

-------------


Posted By: Baz
Date Posted: 13/January/2018 at 19:59
Chris Adonis has left Impact wrestling....wonder where he'll end up next.

-------------




Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk