Print Page | Close Window

Ticket Wars All-Stars Game?

Printed From: TUP Wrestling Forum
Category: Wrestling
Forum Name: Ticket Wars
Forum Description: The newest edition to the forum for TUPeeps to get involved in.
URL: http://www.tupwrestlingforum.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=22538
Printed Date: 15/December/2018 at 21:39
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com


Topic: Ticket Wars All-Stars Game?
Posted By: Rico Len
Subject: Ticket Wars All-Stars Game?
Date Posted: 01/February/2018 at 07:46
What would you guys say to having an all-star game once this season wraps up. Like with most all star games the rules change a bit, but it's still ticket wars.

In this game you'd go through your old cards, pick your favorite and submit it. Once we get 8 or more people we just start the tournament section of the game. No worries about whether or not any two guys are on different cards or anything like that, just a link to your old final card from whichever season and we are good to go.

Compared to a regular season it wouldn't take any time at all, and it's not like we didn't build the card fair and square in the first place.

Anyways, what do you think? Up for a quick All-Star game once this seasons winner has been crowned?

-------------



Replies:
Posted By: LennyComa
Date Posted: 01/February/2018 at 09:31
I would be up for it I guess...Would you be able to rejig matches using your selections and submit it so like if you wanted to switch out one of your ME guys for a guy who was on your undercard would that be permitted or just use the card as was?

-------------
Y'know what?....It's really fucking hot here in Africa. Who knew?....Well me, I have been doing this for almost 5 years


Posted By: #Heel
Date Posted: 01/February/2018 at 11:02
I think if it’s going to be done then it needs to be your best card v someone else’s best card without any changes or else it then is not an All Stars game.

I’d be up for it

-------------


Posted By: DangerZone
Date Posted: 01/February/2018 at 15:27
Think I only have two cards. They were both legit though.

-------------




Posted By: LennyComa
Date Posted: 01/February/2018 at 16:16
I was happy with all my cards except that year we did the Double team and I got paired with NS Male and he wanted to draft some of the worst people to face off against some of my drafts. The one that I really hated but NS insisted was Adam Bomb to face Kane. Also the Rock n ROll express to face the Machine Guns

-------------
Y'know what?....It's really fucking hot here in Africa. Who knew?....Well me, I have been doing this for almost 5 years


Posted By: Rico Len
Date Posted: 01/February/2018 at 16:41
Originally posted by DangerZone DangerZone wrote:

Think I only have two cards. They were both legit though.

It would be funny to see Lou Thesz vs Verne Gagne in the mid-card of BLW to face off against Lou Thesz vs Verne Gagne 2 out of 3 falls as the main event of To Catch and Stretch a Hooker.

I wonder how many duplicate wrestlers there would end up being if we did this?


Originally posted by LennyComa LennyComa wrote:

I was happy with all my cards except that year we did the Double team and I got paired with NS Male and he wanted to draft some of the worst people to face off against some of my drafts. The one that I really hated but NS insisted was Adam Bomb to face Kane. Also the Rock n ROll express to face the Machine Guns

Yeah that was an interesting gimmick doing a tag team. Colly and I worked pretty well, but then in the last 2 rounds he just went crazy and started dropping people and picking up new ones, and re-booking the matches we had agreed upon, etc. lol Ohwell, it was fun either way.

BTW Lenny I think I might have accidently reported your post instead of quoting... my bad. Hopefully Adders doesn't come down on you with the ban-hammer. lol


-------------


Posted By: Kondor
Date Posted: 03/February/2018 at 03:42
To be honest, I had something like this planned from the waaaaay start. Back when I began Ticket Wars in 2010 I had planned to do an all time tournament of every card and crown "the Greatest Ticket Wars Card of All Time." But I had planned it after Ticket Wars XX.  

But at that time that happening was uncertain, as my goal eight years ago was to simply make a game that would hopefully interest board members and promote it so that it could become a staple on TUP for years so that one day there could even be a such thing. The fact that not only this game is still ongoing (after some hiatuses), but that there are threads reminiscing about past cards that people made shows that, with the help of all of us, Ticket Wars has become what I envisioned; both in terms of a fun game and in terms of being a fixture here. 

Of course Rico's idea is a tad different; but I'm cool with it being done now and in fact I'm geared up for it. However I do agree with #Heel that the matches on the cards and card layout should remain as they were. 

And as the guy slated to run at least the next Ticket Wars I was gonna ask if you guys wanted some kind of break before the next game (which I am eager to play.) Usually the sign up sheet for the next game is made at the finals of the previous game, which I believe #Heel will make tomorrow. This All-Stars contest makes that perfect break. So I propose Rico (or whoever) runs this All-Star contest after the Ticket Wars XIII finals before I start Ticket Wars XIV. The sign ups can be done during the All-Star tournament.      


-------------



Posted By: The Villain
Date Posted: 03/February/2018 at 03:45
Sounds fun.

-------------
EVERY FORUM NEEDS A VILLAIN


Posted By: Rico Len
Date Posted: 03/February/2018 at 03:51
So what I'm hearing from you Kon, is that once again I have stolen your thunder. ;)

Yeah I don't want the cards edited. But full disclosure, I DID however go back already and touch up one of my old cards because the linked pictures no longer exist. I'm thinking I might go with SHIT just because I think people at the time were prejudiced against it and that it was better than it achieved. However I wouldn't mind going with one of my other winning cards either. I suppose I won't be able to make that decision until it comes time to play the game.

Like I said during signups this last season, I don't mind helping out. I could probably run the game if I had to, but I'd rather not unless no one else is willing.


-------------


Posted By: Kondor
Date Posted: 03/February/2018 at 03:58
Originally posted by Rico Len Rico Len wrote:

So what I'm hearing from you Kon, is that once again I have stolen your thunder. ;)

Ha!! Tongue

Originally posted by Rico Len Rico Len wrote:

Yeah I don't want the cards edited. But full disclosure, I DID however go back already and touch up one of my old cards because the linked pictures no longer exist. I'm thinking I might go with SHIT just because I think people at the time were prejudiced against it and that it was better than it achieved. However I wouldn't mind going with one of my other winning cards either. I suppose I won't be able to make that decision until it comes time to play the game.

Like I said during signups this last season, I don't mind helping out. I could probably run the game if I had to, but I'd rather not unless no one else is willing.

Oh yeah fixing pictures is a different story. I am soooooo pissed at Photobucket for pretty much fucking up my entire history of Ticket Wars card layouts. I may go through them (at least what I submit) and fix the pictures. 

And I would be glad to handle this as well then. I just assumed you would have liked to as it was your idea (sort of.) Tongue  


-------------



Posted By: Rico Len
Date Posted: 03/February/2018 at 04:01
I Columbused the idea from you.

-------------


Posted By: Kondor
Date Posted: 08/February/2018 at 14:43
So to put a timeline I plan on starting the All-Stars nights of war on Monday night. That'll give as said about a week for entries. I myself have yet to pick my card that I want put in and there are a few regulars like Baz who have yet to enter a card of theirs. Plus you never know who else we're gonna get back (like I brought back Colly.) Wink 

-------------



Posted By: Rico Len
Date Posted: 08/February/2018 at 14:47
JTB's Line in the Sand also needs to go in, not sure if he'll enter it himself, or if one of us should do it for him. I'm never sure how active he really is. Obviously he'll still post from time to time, but he may not be reading everything that comes up either.

-------------


Posted By: Kondor
Date Posted: 08/February/2018 at 14:49
Originally posted by Rico Len Rico Len wrote:

JTB's Line in the Sand also needs to go in, not sure if he'll enter it himself, or if one of us should do it for him.

Aye, that has to be in. I do plan on putting it in unless JTB inserts a different card. 


-------------



Posted By: Collywog3:16
Date Posted: 08/February/2018 at 15:02
Originally posted by Rico Len Rico Len wrote:

Yeah that was an interesting gimmick doing a tag team. Colly and I worked pretty well, but then in the last 2 rounds he just went crazy and started dropping people and picking up new ones, and re-booking the matches we had agreed upon, etc. lol Ohwell, it was fun either way.


.....Yeah, sorry about that, too much time my hands in those days....kinda of a dick move as well mate.
So my bad partner!

-------------


Posted By: Kondor
Date Posted: 08/February/2018 at 15:05
Originally posted by Collywog3:16 Collywog3:16 wrote:

Originally posted by Rico Len Rico Len wrote:

Yeah that was an interesting gimmick doing a tag team. Colly and I worked pretty well, but then in the last 2 rounds he just went crazy and started dropping people and picking up new ones, and re-booking the matches we had agreed upon, etc. lol Ohwell, it was fun either way.


.....Yeah, sorry about that, too much time my hands in those days....kinda of a dick move as well mate.
So my bad partner!

Only the last two rounds you say? Usually he does that the whole game. Tongue Tongue

He ain't called the trading shark for nothing. 


-------------



Posted By: Collywog3:16
Date Posted: 08/February/2018 at 15:13
Originally posted by Kondor Kondor wrote:

Originally posted by Collywog3:16 Collywog3:16 wrote:

Originally posted by Rico Len Rico Len wrote:

Yeah that was an interesting gimmick doing a tag team. Colly and I worked pretty well, but then in the last 2 rounds he just went crazy and started dropping people and picking up new ones, and re-booking the matches we had agreed upon, etc. lol Ohwell, it was fun either way.


.....Yeah, sorry about that, too much time my hands in those days....kinda of a dick move as well mate.
So my bad partner!


Only the last two rounds you say? Usually he does that the whole game. Tongue Tongue

He ain't called the trading shark for nothing. 



Oh, I’m not sorry for the trades I make by myself, but when it was with another guy and I was changing his card as well, then that’s being a dick.

Don’t worry, the shark will swim again! 🦈

...god I hate myself for saying that.


-------------


Posted By: LennyComa
Date Posted: 08/February/2018 at 15:22
Doesn't Colly like to trade picks he picked up in other trades?

-------------
Y'know what?....It's really fucking hot here in Africa. Who knew?....Well me, I have been doing this for almost 5 years


Posted By: Rico Len
Date Posted: 08/February/2018 at 18:08
Nah it was all about give an take. I had this nagging feeling in the back of my mind the whole time that I was sort of strong-arming you into booking the card I wanted, so when you changed things so much that last couple rounds I just let it go to make up for it. It's water under the bridge either way. :)

-------------


Posted By: Collywog3:16
Date Posted: 08/February/2018 at 22:29
Originally posted by LennyComa LennyComa wrote:

Doesn't Colly like to trade picks he picked up in other trades?

Probably 😂

-------------


Posted By: Kondor
Date Posted: 13/February/2018 at 09:27
Alrighty the voting threads for the first round are up!! I used every card submitted from everyone plus added a few more to make an even 16. Standard Ticket Wars rules for the nights of war apply (5 days for each voting round barring a tie; ties are broken in sudden death by the next ticket received.) 

I had fun going through everyone's cards, my own plus others. I think this is going to be a very fun exercise with some stiff competition, as these are intended to be our best. 

I would also like to say that I think #Heel did an outstanding job in running and promoting Ticket Wars XIII, so kudos to him. Clap



-------------



Posted By: #Heel
Date Posted: 13/February/2018 at 19:35
Originally posted by Kondor Kondor wrote:


I would also like to say that I think #Heel did an outstanding job in running and promoting Ticket Wars XIII, so kudos to him. Clap


Thanks alot mate - was nice to do

Glad the grandmaster of TW is back to run the show

#TheHouseThatKonBuilt


-------------


Posted By: Kondor
Date Posted: 14/March/2018 at 04:07
We had underwhelming voting in round 3 of this but hopefully we can get more turnout for voting in the finals. An all time tournament on paper should be huge. 

Ticket Wars XIV signups will be up momentarily. 


-------------



Posted By: Rico Len
Date Posted: 14/March/2018 at 05:15
I think I'm a little let down on how it all turned out. Not sure why. Maybe because... Meh I just don't know. The easy answer is that it's because my card didn't make it to the finals but that's really not it. Though I am disappointed it didn't go further. Maybe it is because I thought we had come up with better cards than these?

Collectively, I think most of our undercards were pretty poor. That may just be the nature of the beast with this game but I kinda think we all can do better than we have.

Kind of like we spend all our time coming up with a great main event and strong midcard but then the undercard is just a throwaway. Maybe there isn't anything we can do about it, but I feel like maybe that is something worth looking into going forward.

Like I look at AMF and I see Cena vs Warrior Misawa vs Mysterio and nWo vs Evolution and that is fantastic, but I don't care for that women's match at all and I forgot the rest... Oh wait there was Benoit vs Sullivan, funny booking but actually kinda crappy too. I've seen that match and it sucked. And WGTT bores me to no end, and have no business with the other teams, who were actually quite well suited for each other. Overall it is a very strong card, but that undercard is just... Meh. It just seems like more could have been done. Or am I just being unfairly hard?

As for BLW well for a 16 man game that was another fantastic card, but no 16 man game card has any business in competition with a card that should literally be twice as good. Imagine what DZ could have come up with had half the draft choices still been available to him. It's just not even fair, yet here that card is. And it feels like it is half as good as AMF. That's really not even a knock either, but look at the undercard again. Certainly in the 8 man game era every one of us can do better? But we don't, not really.

Maybe that's all it really is to me, as to why I'm disappointed in this all star game, I expected more cards that were great from top to bottom and only a couple were, IMO.

-------------


Posted By: Kondor
Date Posted: 14/March/2018 at 05:44
Originally posted by Rico Len Rico Len wrote:

I think I'm a little let down on how it all turned out. Not sure why. Maybe because... Meh I just don't know. The easy answer is that it's because my card didn't make it to the finals but that's really not it. Though I am disappointed it didn't go further. Maybe it is because I thought we had come up with better cards than these?

Collectively, I think most of our undercards were pretty poor. That may just be the nature of the beast with this game but I kinda think we all can do better than we have.

Kind of like we spend all our time coming up with a great main event and strong midcard but then the undercard is just a throwaway. Maybe there isn't anything we can do about it, but I feel like maybe that is something worth looking into going forward.

Like I look at AMF and I see Cena vs Warrior Misawa vs Mysterio and nWo vs Evolution and that is fantastic, but I don't care for that women's match at all and I forgot the rest... Oh wait there was Benoit vs Sullivan, funny booking but actually kinda crappy too. I've seen that match and it sucked. And WGTT bores me to no end, and have no business with the other teams, who were actually quite well suited for each other. Overall it is a very strong card, but that undercard is just... Meh. It just seems like more could have been done. Or am I just being unfairly hard?

As for BLW well for a 16 man game that was another fantastic card, but no 16 man game card has any business in competition with a card that should literally be twice as good. Imagine what DZ could have come up with had half the draft choices still been available to him. It's just not even fair, yet here that card is. And it feels like it is half as good as AMF. That's really not even a knock either, but look at the undercard again. Certainly in the 8 man game era every one of us can do better? But we don't, not really.

Maybe that's all it really is to me, as to why I'm disappointed in this all star game, I expected more cards that were great from top to bottom and only a couple were, IMO.

I do share the sentiment that the whole thing, while a grand idea (that both of us had at separate times), seemed like it should have been bigger. I hesitate to use the work lackluster; but maybe that's what it was. But as said my disappointment is more based on voter turnout. Yet for a contest that is based on the "greatest of all time" that we could come up with, all chosen or nominated by us, I get your point that things should have seemed like they were more of a big deal or that the cards should have blown us all away.  

I was happy with some of the cards. However, to your points I would in part agree that a lot of the cards had strong main events but weaker undercards. Yet that being said, of course that is all a matter of personal preference, but once in a while you see a gem in the lowercard. You said you don't care for AMF's women's match while I could be interested in his women's match. I won't say that you like a different kind of women's wrestling than me but as I do like ladies like Chyna and Trish Stratus I can appreciate an era of women's wrestling that you don't care for. 

And likewise, there can be a random match in the lower card that you are wowed by. For example, in round 1 of this voting I actually voted for NS Male's TNW card above AMF, based on my desire to see Superstar Billy Graham vs Batista, which he put fifth down. Plus as I have stated numerous times that match from BLW's card that carried it for me (Hulk Hogan vs Bruno Sammartino) was not the main event. I am sure that if you yourself looked Rico you could find that one gem of a lower card match in one of these cards that you liked. But the problem is others don't see what you do and the card didn't get voted to the next round, or maybe didn't get nominated. 

But your right that many cards throughout Ticket Wars history in general tend to have a stronger upper card and weaker lower card and yes that is the nature of the game. But I also see your hinted at point that a card has the likelihood of being better with a smaller number of players in the game. Well, that is true, but then again there is that one time where someone does something genius with a forgotten about guy (or girl) and does something that aims to be eye catching, going out of the box. But then again others have to see what that player sees for that card to get anywhere; I think both you and I have been in that spot several times since we've been playing this game. 

Thus as I said in the end, it's all about personal preference. But I feel your point that this should have been bigger.    


-------------




Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk