Print Page | Close Window

I am annoyed with www.tupwrestlingforum.com lately

Printed From: TUP Wrestling Forum
Category: Announcements
Forum Name: Suggestions And Questions
Forum Description: Want us to consider an idea? Know something that will improve the forum? Got a question for us that needs answering? Here's the section for all those needs.
URL: http://www.tupwrestlingforum.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=13946
Printed Date: 24/September/2017 at 11:21
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com


Topic: I am annoyed with www.tupwrestlingforum.com lately
Posted By: John The Baptist
Subject: I am annoyed with www.tupwrestlingforum.com lately
Date Posted: 18/October/2010 at 23:38
The posts keep being marked as unread. This is a major annoyance for a speed poster like JTB, as I like to rapid post through all the topics.

The loading thing keeps coming up, as the other 900 threads explain.

The 'access denied' box BS

wah wah wah


Can we get Webby or Jimmy Saville or who the fuck ever to fix dis shit plz? This is too much to cope with at 23:34 on a Monday night.

kthxbai

-------------



Replies:
Posted By: bigfloridapimp
Date Posted: 18/October/2010 at 23:43
The loading thing is the worst of all because no matter what you MAY lose your writting. If you do it all on notepad, you might hit cut instead of copy, if you write it all and hit copy on the sight, same thing... You think it might be safe, BAM! loading, couldnt post... Its very very very baaad. Me no like, lost many posts.

-------------


Posted By: Steven Nyte
Date Posted: 18/October/2010 at 23:43

Agreed on all points. especially this resetting thing is MAJORLY annoying.



-------------


Posted By: admin
Date Posted: 19/October/2010 at 10:55
Originally posted by bigfloridapimp bigfloridapimp wrote:

The loading thing is the worst of all because no matter what you MAY lose your writting. If you do it all on notepad, you might hit cut instead of copy, if you write it all and hit copy on the sight, same thing... You think it might be safe, BAM! loading, couldnt post... Its very very very baaad. Me no like, lost many posts.
 
You can right click and click on undo if you do something post related by accident.
 
Joe is the man for this kinda thing. I've no idea why from time to time it marks read posts unread.
 
The loading thing is not something site related as many people never see it.


-------------


Posted By: bigfloridapimp
Date Posted: 19/October/2010 at 19:52
I know Kondor and myself have both been fucked on the loading thing. And I am not sure how its not site related, because I got it on IE at the library. The only thing is, its much quicker to pop up and disappear. If your computer lags, it stays longer and your more apt to lose a post with the loading thing is all.

**edit to be clear, I use Firefox on this computer, and on the Sony a couple months ago I lost posts on Seamonkey.


-------------


Posted By: Steven Nyte
Date Posted: 19/October/2010 at 23:55
I so far lost posts to the loading thing on IE, Google Chrome and Apple Safari.

-------------


Posted By: xXDemon_DuckXx
Date Posted: 20/October/2010 at 03:24
Originally posted by Steven Nyte Steven Nyte wrote:

I so far lost posts to the loading thing on IE, Google Chrome and Apple Safari.

Really? I haven't had said problem with Chrome, and I use the sucker all the time.

Not sure what it is about this site that is driving people crazy, but I really haven't had any problems like the ones mentioned above. Perhaps it could be something with how the website reacts to certain browsers or OS's?


-------------


Posted By: Steven Nyte
Date Posted: 20/October/2010 at 03:28
Originally posted by xXDemon_DuckXx xXDemon_DuckXx wrote:

Originally posted by Steven Nyte Steven Nyte wrote:

I so far lost posts to the loading thing on IE, Google Chrome and Apple Safari.

Really? I haven't had said problem with Chrome, and I use the sucker all the time.

Not sure what it is about this site that is driving people crazy, but I really haven't had any problems like the ones mentioned above. Perhaps it could be something with how the website reacts to certain browsers or OS's?
 
Or maybe you´re just lucky, dude... *LOL*


-------------


Posted By: bigfloridapimp
Date Posted: 20/October/2010 at 03:55
Hes one lucky ducky....

-------------


Posted By: MUSA
Date Posted: 20/October/2010 at 04:28
Side Note: I noticed that this forum is not compatible with iPad.  For some reason, whenever I click in a 'text box', the virtual keypad just won't appear.  Thus, I am unable to join discussions while on break at the office :(


Posted By: Steven Nyte
Date Posted: 20/October/2010 at 04:31
funny, it´s perfectly okay with the Iphone....

-------------


Posted By: badguy
Date Posted: 20/October/2010 at 06:19
Yeah agree with JTB on all fronts, I now copy and paste whatever I come up with, and yes even when I'm drunk lol.

-------------




Posted By: WebmasterFF
Date Posted: 20/October/2010 at 14:10
Tbh I'm not sure what the problem is as all the files seem to be in order.

Rumour has it that the forum system is going to be given a huge upgrade to V10 soon so it may be worth just holding out til then.


-------------






Posted By: Trice
Date Posted: 20/October/2010 at 14:25
The "all posts marked as unread" really annoys me too as i tend to read all the unread posts and reply to anything i think worth replying to. but when everything is marked as unread, regardless of whether i read it already or not, it really irritates me to the point i wont end up readinganything (hence a recent drop in posts from me)

-------------
Mr Quality over Quantity 2010 |~| Mr Variety 2011


Posted By: Aceyisyourfix
Date Posted: 20/October/2010 at 17:35
Dude, you should have known that Admin was gay from the start I mean some on Aza...

-------------



Posted By: admin
Date Posted: 20/October/2010 at 17:44
Originally posted by Aceyisyourfix Aceyisyourfix wrote:

Dude, you should have known that Admin was gay from the start I mean some on Aza...
 
I think you mean COME on Aza, which is something I don't think either of us wish to be involved in.
 
You never used to complain when i'd suck on your none existant cock.
 
Acey you know i'm all for lady loving Wink xxx


-------------


Posted By: bigfloridapimp
Date Posted: 20/October/2010 at 18:09
Admin isnt gay... It is just gay men love admin because hes such a prick. Big smile

For real though. I cant complain any more, not if theres a "rumored" upgrade. Because now I know this site is moving forward into awesomeness, I can cope with the shitty quirks. Or should I say The Little Kicks?


-------------


Posted By: WebmasterFF
Date Posted: 20/October/2010 at 22:31
Originally posted by bigfloridapimp bigfloridapimp wrote:

Admin isnt gay... It is just gay men love admin because hes such a prick. Big smile

For real though. I cant complain any more, not if theres a "rumored" upgrade. Because now I know this site is moving forward into awesomeness, I can cope with the shitty quirks. Or should I say The Little Kicks?

If I remember right it was rumoured for the end of the year HOWEVER it has not been confirmed so may be some time


-------------






Posted By: badguy
Date Posted: 21/October/2010 at 06:41
Originally posted by bigfloridapimp bigfloridapimp wrote:

Admin isnt gay... It is just gay men love admin because hes such a prick. Big smile
 
So what you're saying is, Fletch is gay? LOL


-------------




Posted By: bigfloridapimp
Date Posted: 21/October/2010 at 06:56
Originally posted by badguy badguy wrote:

Originally posted by bigfloridapimp bigfloridapimp wrote:

Admin isnt gay... It is just gay men love admin because hes such a prick. Big smile
 
So what you're saying is, Fletch is gay? LOL


Gay men love pricks so if the shoe fits.... Tongue


-------------


Posted By: Darth Shizzel
Date Posted: 19/July/2011 at 13:20
Gotta bump this Version 10 has done nothign to help the post errors if anything it has made it worse, I don't know if its just the internet I'm using or not but if we can get to the bottom of this that would be great.

-------------
Don't hate the player hate the game


Posted By: Trice
Date Posted: 19/July/2011 at 17:45
none of this matters. we have an awesome new chatbox.


....







-------------
Mr Quality over Quantity 2010 |~| Mr Variety 2011


Posted By: Darth Shizzel
Date Posted: 19/July/2011 at 20:28
Trice for the love of god will you please shut up about the stupid shoutbox

-------------
Don't hate the player hate the game


Posted By: Rob Franklin
Date Posted: 19/July/2011 at 20:30
Or how about we get what we want?

Seems like that would be a simple solution.


-------------


Posted By: Darth Shizzel
Date Posted: 19/July/2011 at 20:32
If we haven't got it by now we won't get it at all.

-------------
Don't hate the player hate the game


Posted By: Vladel
Date Posted: 19/July/2011 at 20:34
shoutbox! shoutbox! shoutbox!

how about you shut up shizzel about us putting forward our grievance as we like. If you don't like what the masses are saying then don't listen or look away.


-------------


Posted By: Rob Franklin
Date Posted: 19/July/2011 at 20:36
What does it bother you, though?

Fuck.


-------------


Posted By: Trice
Date Posted: 19/July/2011 at 20:38
Originally posted by Darth Shizzel Darth Shizzel wrote:

Trice for the love of god will you please shut up about the stupid shoutbox


Originally posted by Tomko Tomko wrote:

No



Its also clearly not just me. Rob and Vladel and Raven are 3 people who off the top of my head, have shown in the last week that they also agree. Which is hardly surprising, as they arent stupid.



-------------
Mr Quality over Quantity 2010 |~| Mr Variety 2011


Posted By: Darth Shizzel
Date Posted: 19/July/2011 at 20:39
Or what vlad you gonna troll me yep go ahead still waiting by The way or did you pussy out.

I don't like this chatbox either but there are more important Things to worry about and the fucking shoutboc has been bought up in the wrestling threads for gods sake.

So please know your know your homophobic role and shut your mouth about the shoutbox.

As for everyone else going on about the shoutbox try some other stuff until the chatbox is updated .

-------------
Don't hate the player hate the game


Posted By: Rob Franklin
Date Posted: 19/July/2011 at 21:10
Shiz you're hardly one to go on about someone being homophobic.

And I don't want the chatbox to be updated, or fixed, or anything. It's stupid. Hundreds of forums have them, and no one ever uses them there, either. It's because it sucks, no matter what bow you tie on the fucking thing, it's shit.


-------------


Posted By: Darth Shizzel
Date Posted: 19/July/2011 at 21:15
I've never been homophobic I have at least 5 gay friends all good people.


-------------
Don't hate the player hate the game


Posted By: Rob Franklin
Date Posted: 19/July/2011 at 21:35
lol.

And I'm not racist, I have plenty of black slaves who I let come inside on weekends.


-------------


Posted By: Darth Shizzel
Date Posted: 19/July/2011 at 21:40
Damn those slaves are so lucky Tongue

-------------
Don't hate the player hate the game


Posted By: bigfloridapimp
Date Posted: 20/July/2011 at 00:05
Originally posted by Trice Trice wrote:

Originally posted by Darth Shizzel Darth Shizzel wrote:

Trice for the love of god will you please shut up about the stupid shoutbox


Originally posted by Tomko Tomko wrote:

No



Its also clearly not just me. Rob and Vladel and Raven are 3 people who off the top of my head, have shown in the last week that they also agree. Which is hardly surprising, as they arent stupid.

Im the only one who is allowed to be that unoriginal. Dont steal my shit.


-------------


Posted By: Darth Shizzel
Date Posted: 20/July/2011 at 00:09
And who'd you steal your shit from ?
 
Yeah what now


-------------
Don't hate the player hate the game


Posted By: Rob Franklin
Date Posted: 20/July/2011 at 00:12
lol.

fights on the short bus are always the most fun.


-------------


Posted By: Darth Shizzel
Date Posted: 20/July/2011 at 00:14
Shortbus fights eh .... interesting

-------------
Don't hate the player hate the game


Posted By: Raven
Date Posted: 20/July/2011 at 00:18
You are all faggots.

Also Shizzel, you bumped this thread to complain about losing posts. STFU. God. I just... I don't know. You are horrifically stupid sometimes.


-------------


Posted By: Rob Franklin
Date Posted: 20/July/2011 at 00:21
Come off it Raven. We clearly needed four threads about this.

-------------


Posted By: Raven
Date Posted: 20/July/2011 at 00:25
But it's just... How can he complain about something that he's been complaining about consistently for a year, and then tell you guys to get over the lack of a shoutbox IN THE SAME THREAD? It's genuinely distressing that somebody could be that stupid. I just simply don't know how that happens.

-------------


Posted By: Darth Shizzel
Date Posted: 20/July/2011 at 00:32
No I have only been complaining about this post error stuff recently and you call me stupid.
 
And yes I will winge this shoutbox thing has made it into all sections of the thread its obvious its not going to come back you have to deal with that but this post error thing has been on for ages and has gotten worse with the upgrade and I'm sick of it.


-------------
Don't hate the player hate the game


Posted By: Raven
Date Posted: 20/July/2011 at 00:36
Yes. But it's obvious Joe isn't going to fix it. Anyway, you've been complaining about this much longer than we've been complaining about the shoutbox. Lost posts is something you'll have to deal with, but there's no problem complaining about it, because it sucks. Just like the new chatbox.

Also, not talking about you specifically, but the lost posts have been brought up everywhere as well. I don't know why you bitched people out for complaining about the chatbox here (in the right thread, the thread used for complaining), but didn't when they mentioned it in the wrestling threads (which I didn't see, otherwise I'd have done it).


-------------


Posted By: Rob Franklin
Date Posted: 20/July/2011 at 00:45
Let's get back on topic.

I vote admins gay.


-------------


Posted By: Willy1225
Date Posted: 20/July/2011 at 02:13
Originally posted by Trice Trice wrote:

Its also clearly not just me. Rob and Vladel and Raven are 3 people who off the top of my head, have shown in the last week that they also agree. Which is hardly surprising, as they arent stupid.
 
Add me to this as I MISS THE SHOUTBOX too


-------------
TNA Would Be Nothing Without #TeamDixie



Posted By: Darth Shizzel
Date Posted: 20/July/2011 at 03:09
Originally posted by Raven Raven wrote:

Yes. But it's obvious Joe isn't going to fix it. Anyway, you've been complaining about this much longer than we've been complaining about the shoutbox. Lost posts is something you'll have to deal with, but there's no problem complaining about it, because it sucks. Just like the new chatbox.

Also, not talking about you specifically, but the lost posts have been brought up everywhere as well. I don't know why you bitched people out for complaining about the chatbox here (in the right thread, the thread used for complaining), but didn't when they mentioned it in the wrestling threads (which I didn't see, otherwise I'd have done it).
 
Check HHH: WWE chairman thread, Kon and Vlad are the culprits


-------------
Don't hate the player hate the game


Posted By: Raven
Date Posted: 20/July/2011 at 03:13
That was more spoilers in general, and the shoutbox always gets mentioned in those conversations. It wasn't to do so much with the shoutbox being gone, or the chatbox being shit.

-------------


Posted By: Vladel
Date Posted: 20/July/2011 at 07:35
Originally posted by Darth Shizzel Darth Shizzel wrote:

 
Check HHH: WWE chairman thread, Kon and Vlad are the culprits


Alot of the anti shoutbox arguement has been spoilers and last year we had the huge arguement about topic spoilers and you yourself shizzel with the daniel bryan thread also understood that. I pointed out that the chairman thread was a spoiler which is a relevant post because of the thread being a spoiler. At that point Kondor saw my name and decided hmmmm Vlad has made a post, i'll go and be a twat.

Originally posted by Kondor Kondor wrote:



LOL. And at the risk of sounding redundant; something is not a "spoiler" just because you haven't seen it. A spoiler is a not yet aired or not yet happened event. Once it's been aired; it ceases to be a spoiler and we should make topics on it and discuss it.... because that's the point of wrestling forums such as TUP!! *bangs head against brick wall*. 


clearly not something quite alot of people here think but then again this is Kondor who believes everything he believes is gospel and everyone else is wrong. There are many posts on the serious and non serious discussions where he openly flames other peoples opinions like in threads on foregin aid, anything to do with the US government like lightbulbs to mention just some.

I pointed out it was a spoiler and Kon decided to start an arguement about what was a spoiler and then moan it was off topic so it's his fault. And shizzel i thought about trolling you but then i remembered that you like it and i'm not into pleasuring deviants.


-------------


Posted By: Darth Shizzel
Date Posted: 20/July/2011 at 07:50
And clearly your an idiot and a pussy.

Kondor is right just because you haven't seen something yet doesn't make it a spoiler if it hasn't aired yet then its a spoiler   I could've easily added some stuff that was spoilers today for some threads but I chose not to.

As to me liking being trolled no I don't and I really hate people who say there gonna do something and pussy out don't threaten to do something without backing it up.



-------------
Don't hate the player hate the game


Posted By: Raven
Date Posted: 20/July/2011 at 08:01
So Vlad, let me get this right, you're pissed off because Kon thinks his opinion is right, and differing opinions are wrong? While you're looking up the definition of "spoiler", you might want to look up the definition of "opinion" as well. Fact is, we don't post thread title spoilers for PPVs for 48 hours, because it's understood that they cost money, and a lot of people won't pay. With RAW, or Smackdown/Impact when it's aired, it's not a spoiler, because it's expected that people will watch that either at the time or very quickly afterwards, so they are up to date when they come here.

-------------


Posted By: Trice
Date Posted: 20/July/2011 at 08:35
A Spoiler doesnt cease to be a spoiler the moment the thing has been released:
Bruce willis was dead all along
Snape Kills Dumbledore
Neo is the One

all spoilers to anyone who hasnt seen/read them.

However, people should not be expected not to discuss something thats just happened on a forum dedicated to that thing. As such, I dont come onto the forum until Ive seen the thing.
Shoutbox spoilers is the worst argument ever for getting rid of it, given that People put "spoilers" in thread titles. Should we get rid of threads too?





-------------
Mr Quality over Quantity 2010 |~| Mr Variety 2011


Posted By: Raven
Date Posted: 20/July/2011 at 08:38
Originally posted by Trice Trice wrote:

A Spoiler doesnt cease to be a spoiler the moment the thing has been released:
Bruce willis was dead all along
Snape Kills Dumbledore
Neo is the One

all spoilers to anyone who hasnt seen/read them.

Once those movies have been aired on free television, and people have had ample time to see them, they cease to be spoilers. Hence the difference between PPVs and Raw. But,

Originally posted by Trice Trice wrote:

However, people should not be expected not to discuss something thats just happened on a forum dedicated to that thing. As such, I dont come onto the forum until Ive seen the thing.
Shoutbox spoilers is the worst argument ever for getting rid of it, given that People put "spoilers" in thread titles. Should we get rid of threads too?

This.


-------------


Posted By: bigfloridapimp
Date Posted: 20/July/2011 at 08:42
Originally posted by Trice Trice wrote:

A Spoiler doesnt cease to be a spoiler the moment the thing has been released:
Bruce willis was dead all along
Snape Kills Dumbledore
Neo is the One




If I cared about those movies (Harry Potter) Id be pretty mad right now. LOL


-------------


Posted By: Kondor
Date Posted: 20/July/2011 at 10:08
Originally posted by Vladel Vladel wrote:

Alot of the anti shoutbox arguement has been spoilers

... which has nothing to do with threads. 

Originally posted by Vladel Vladel wrote:

I pointed out that the chairman thread was a spoiler which is a relevant post because of the thread being a spoiler. At that point Kondor saw my name and decided hmmmm Vlad has made a post, i'll go and be a twat.


Um... no; I didn't deliberately be a twat. I responded because you questioned the thread's existence when it was clearly a topic that should be discussed on a wrestling forum that you chose to visit despite not wanting to see show results; expecting the rest of TUP to halt and alter their activity in order to bend to your desires; ranting about it with an attitude and taking the thread off topic in the process. 

You once said that you don't feud. Well believe it or not I don't either. There is no feud between you and me; and I didn't attack your post just because you wrote it. I disagreed on a point and didn't like you complaining about a wrestling post's existence on a wrestling forum

Originally posted by Vladel Vladel wrote:

clearly not something quite alot of people here think

Actually a lot of people agree with me. 

Originally posted by Vladel Vladel wrote:

but then again this is Kondor who believes everything he believes is gospel and everyone else is wrong.

In other words, I used my mind to arrive what I think should be, just as everyone should do. And as you also do/are doing. 

Originally posted by Vladel Vladel wrote:

There are many posts on the serious and non serious discussions where he openly flames other peoples opinions like in threads on foregin aid, anything to do with the US government like lightbulbs to mention just some.

I speak my mind on the issues, I don't "flame" the person saying it. When you say things like we should let people get massacred on the streets of Libya just in order decrease the population I called it "the most ignorant, most fucked up opinion I have ever heard in my entire life", and that's a direct quote, because I think it is the most ignorant and fucked up opinion I have ever heard in my entire life. But I didn't flame you personally. Even though I should have. 

Originally posted by Vladel Vladel wrote:

I pointed out it was a spoiler

And I corrected you. 

Originally posted by Vladel Vladel wrote:

and Kon decided to start an arguement about what was a spoiler and then moan it was off topic so it's his fault.

The argument was clearly started by you. Everyone else in the thread prior was talking about Triple H. 

Originally posted by Vladel Vladel wrote:

And shizzel i thought about trolling you but then i remembered that you like it and i'm not into pleasuring deviants.

There is more "being a twat" and "flaming" in this one sentence from you than in anything you accused me of doing. 

Originally posted by Raven Raven wrote:

Fact is, we don't post thread title spoilers for PPVs for 48 hours, because it's understood that they cost money, and a lot of people won't pay.

Actually, I don't agree with this. For the same reason. This place is for the discussion of wrestling. 

No, I don't expect people to pay. But I expect them to either pay, find a free stream, or else other wise read the results. If they don't want to read the results; then maybe they shouldn't come to a place where wrestling is discussed until they are ready to. 

It's like picking up a newspaper and being pissed about seeing news. 

Originally posted by Trice Trice wrote:

However, people should not be expected not to discuss something thats just happened on a forum dedicated to that thing. As such, I dont come onto the forum until Ive seen the thing.

This. 

Is exactly right. TUP is a place for discussing wrestling!!

Originally posted by Trice Trice wrote:

Should we get rid of threads too?

Vlad seems to want us to. Don't know what he wants us to discuss on here. Perhaps we should just argue all the time. Thumbs Up

In other news, I've never see the 1931 match between Ed Don George and Ed Strangler Lewis. I don't give a fuck if it happened 80 years ago; I never seen it, so nobody better start a thread on it. 


-------------


Thanks to Pac for the sig.


Posted By: Vladel
Date Posted: 20/July/2011 at 15:37
Originally posted by Darth Shizzel Darth Shizzel wrote:


As to me liking being trolled no I don't and I really hate people who say there gonna do something and pussy out don't threaten to do something without backing it up.


Then why do you constantly set yourself up for it? Why do you constantly wind people up that you know are going to troll you? If you don't like being trolled then why are you so upset that i decided that it wasn't worth my life energy to do it? Not the actions of someone who is trying to avoid being trolled.

You left the forum for a couple of days and all of a sudden was back for which i'm pretty sure you missed the attention. I'm actually quite sure that you sit there sometimes with your dick in your hand trying to get yourself some. I reckon it goes something like this:

Hmmm lets see who i can get some attention from. I'll post something really stupid and start some unnecessary threads he thinks while stroking himself. But then Raven comments on his posting and he starts to get a bit warm. Oh go on Raven you know i've been a bad poster! Punish me! I'm begging you! I'll post something really ridiculous that will definately get me trolled! He starts to stoke faster when Rob Franklin posts a reply! this is awesome Shizzel thinks. It's like having two porn stars spank you. He strokes faster and faster now that he's getting double teamed by Rob and Raven until that final word does it all for Shizzel! Retard! That's it now, Shizzel is happy, he's stained his carpet and got a right good royal trolling and now he can turn off his PC being satisfied. But like a true deviant, he's always looking for some new blood to give him a good spanking!

Originally posted by Raven Raven wrote:

So Vlad, let me get this right, you're pissed off because Kon thinks his opinion is right, and differing opinions are wrong? While you're looking up the definition of "spoiler", you might want to look up the definition of "opinion" as well. Fact is, we don't post thread title spoilers for PPVs for 48 hours, because it's understood that they cost money, and a lot of people won't pay. With RAW, or Smackdown/Impact when it's aired, it's not a spoiler, because it's expected that people will watch that either at the time or very quickly afterwards, so they are up to date when they come here.


I Don't get pissed off on the internet fella it's all lols for me.


-------------


Posted By: Darth Shizzel
Date Posted: 20/July/2011 at 20:56
I'm not upset I just think your a pussy and comparing trolling to porn I have only one thing to say what the hell are you watching to compare it to porn.

-------------
Don't hate the player hate the game


Posted By: Rob Franklin
Date Posted: 20/July/2011 at 21:05
lol Vladel.

Legit post of the month right there.


-------------


Posted By: xXDemon_DuckXx
Date Posted: 20/July/2011 at 22:35
All of this stemming from conflicting opinions on what a spoiler is?
 
*sigh*
 
Anyway, Trice has the right idea. Even if it has been released, immediately does not make the result a spoiler. If somebody goes to the midnight premier of a movie, does not mean that what happens is no longer a spoiler because others have not seen it yet. That won't stop somebody from ruining the movie for somebody.
Some people want to see for themselves what happened, not what others have told them.
Hell, with the Punk/Cena match, I refused to spoil it to a few people, and every one of them thanked me for it. Its the element of surprise and suspense, and by knowing what happens ahead of time, ruins it for them.
 
I have an idea. If you haven't seen Raw after it has aired, then stay away from the Raw thread.
Same with Smackdown, if you don't want to know ahead of time what happened, then stay away from the SD spoiler thread.


-------------


Posted By: Darth Shizzel
Date Posted: 21/July/2011 at 03:04
Ok then here are TUP's current problems
 
1. Certain people do not know the proper defination of a spoiler
 
2. Post errors have gotten worse with the new upgrade
 
3. The Chatroom I'm sorry to say isn't the best it can be when its updated but until it can be to appease 90% of the crew could get the shoutbox in on a temporay basis.
 
4. When New people start up they are immediatley given Mod powers this is a big problem and like I said in another thread while people like Raven and Myself will have a little fun someone will get smart and use that power and if say a former member who wasn't too welcome here managed to get back in well that be pretty bad if they have Mod Powers and fuck everything up meaning there are major hassles for the Thundarr and the admins to fix up.


-------------
Don't hate the player hate the game


Posted By: Kondor
Date Posted: 21/July/2011 at 03:06
Well said Shizzle. 

-------------


Thanks to Pac for the sig.


Posted By: Darth Shizzel
Date Posted: 21/July/2011 at 03:44
Thank you Kon now for number 1
 
For those who don't know the defination of a spoiler use the dictionary of fellow members of TUP's version of what it means.
 
Now for spoilers as many have said before this is a wrestling forum we should not have put everything on hold just because someone takes longer than 2 days to watch something and for those complaining about any spoilers well like others have before don't come on here until you have seen it because chances are something will be spoilt for you.
 
This is also the only arguement against having the shoutbox back and really its invalid and avoidable, noobs will be sorted out quickly what we could do is add when people join up is to please not put spoilers in the shoutbox.


-------------
Don't hate the player hate the game


Posted By: Trice
Date Posted: 21/July/2011 at 10:28
Originally posted by Trice Trice wrote:

The stuff I said about spoilers and the shoutbox and chatbox and threads.

Originally posted by Raven Raven wrote:


This.


Originally posted by xXDemon_DuckXx xXDemon_DuckXx wrote:

 
Trice has the right idea.

Originally posted by Kondor Kondor wrote:


This.

Originally posted by Willy1225 Willy1225 wrote:

Add me to this as I MISS THE SHOUTBOX too




Your response Adjoefletch?



-------------
Mr Quality over Quantity 2010 |~| Mr Variety 2011


Posted By: admin
Date Posted: 21/July/2011 at 10:30
Originally posted by Darth Shizzel Darth Shizzel wrote:

Ok then here are TUP's current problems
 
1. Certain people do not know the proper defination of a spoiler
 
2. Post errors have gotten worse with the new upgrade
 
3. The Chatroom I'm sorry to say isn't the best it can be when its updated but until it can be to appease 90% of the crew could get the shoutbox in on a temporay basis.
 
4. When New people start up they are immediatley given Mod powers this is a big problem and like I said in another thread while people like Raven and Myself will have a little fun someone will get smart and use that power and if say a former member who wasn't too welcome here managed to get back in well that be pretty bad if they have Mod Powers and fuck everything up meaning there are major hassles for the Thundarr and the admins to fix up.


1) Agreed. A spoiler is something that can be said that SPOILS what happens with something someone hasn't seen yet. For example if i'd never seen Home Alone to this very day (obviously I have loads) and someone tells me Kevin gets to see his family on christmas day in the end, that would still be a spoiler to me.

2) Not something i've experienced so wouldn't know Confused

3) I'd actually put a new shoutbox on the homepage until the chat section can be sorted, if it indeed can be. Better than nothing until something better comes up.

4) Joe thought he'd sorted it so I stopped registrations being suspended. Some dudes wanted to sign up so couldn't. I've texted Joe to say the problem is still there.


-------------


Posted By: Trice
Date Posted: 21/July/2011 at 10:49
Originally posted by admin admin wrote:

Originally posted by Darth Shizzel Darth Shizzel wrote:

Ok then here are TUP's current problems
 
1. Certain people do not know the proper defination of a spoiler
 
2. Post errors have gotten worse with the new upgrade
 
3. The Chatroom I'm sorry to say isn't the best it can be when its updated but until it can be to appease 90% of the crew could get the shoutbox in on a temporay basis.
 
4. When New people start up they are immediatley given Mod powers this is a big problem and like I said in another thread while people like Raven and Myself will have a little fun someone will get smart and use that power and if say a former member who wasn't too welcome here managed to get back in well that be pretty bad if they have Mod Powers and fuck everything up meaning there are major hassles for the Thundarr and the admins to fix up.


1) Agreed. A spoiler is something that can be said that SPOILS what happens with something someone hasn't seen yet. For example if i'd never seen Home Alone to this very day (obviously I have loads) and someone tells me Kevin gets to see his family on christmas day in the end, that would still be a spoiler to me.

2) Not something i've experienced so wouldn't know Confused

3) I'd actually put a new shoutbox on the homepage until the chat section can be sorted, if it indeed can be. Better than nothing until something better comes up.

4) Joe thought he'd sorted it so I stopped registrations being suspended. Some dudes wanted to sign up so couldn't. I've texted Joe to say the problem is still there.


I approve.


-------------
Mr Quality over Quantity 2010 |~| Mr Variety 2011


Posted By: Raven
Date Posted: 21/July/2011 at 11:34
Originally posted by admin admin wrote:

Originally posted by Darth Shizzel Darth Shizzel wrote:

Ok then here are TUP's current problems
 
1. Certain people do not know the proper defination of a spoiler
 
2. Post errors have gotten worse with the new upgrade
 
3. The Chatroom I'm sorry to say isn't the best it can be when its updated but until it can be to appease 90% of the crew could get the shoutbox in on a temporay basis.
 
4. When New people start up they are immediatley given Mod powers this is a big problem and like I said in another thread while people like Raven and Myself will have a little fun someone will get smart and use that power and if say a former member who wasn't too welcome here managed to get back in well that be pretty bad if they have Mod Powers and fuck everything up meaning there are major hassles for the Thundarr and the admins to fix up.


1) Agreed. A spoiler is something that can be said that SPOILS what happens with something someone hasn't seen yet. For example if i'd never seen Home Alone to this very day (obviously I have loads) and someone tells me Kevin gets to see his family on christmas day in the end, that would still be a spoiler to me.

But if you were on a Home Alone forum (probably the saddest forum on the internet), you would be a dick for not seeing the movie first and expecting others not to speak about it until you do, right?

2) Not something i've experienced so wouldn't know Confused

It sucks, and Shizzel is right, it's worse since the upgrade.

3) I'd actually put a new shoutbox on the homepage until the chat section can be sorted, if it indeed can be. Better than nothing until something better comes up.

Yes. This.

4) Joe thought he'd sorted it so I stopped registrations being suspended. Some dudes wanted to sign up so couldn't. I've texted Joe to say the problem is still there.

I would hope you've suspended registration now though...


-------------


Posted By: admin
Date Posted: 21/July/2011 at 15:16
Joe texted me to say he sorted the newbies automatically being moderators problem at around 6 am this morning UK time.

I shall now switch back on sign ups and if someone wants to make a new account just to see what happens that would be good.

Best to do it whilst i'm around and not asleep LOL


-------------


Posted By: Raven
Date Posted: 21/July/2011 at 15:56
Made a new account (Delete Me). Was in OVW. Kind of disappointed TBH. But yes, it's fixed.

-------------


Posted By: admin
Date Posted: 21/July/2011 at 19:29
Originally posted by Rob Franklin Rob Franklin wrote:

lol Vladel.

Legit post of the month right there.
 
Not really. Having a go at Jizzel has been done to near death and is somewhat tiresome these days.
 
Steven comes on here mainly to try and "shock" with something offensive be it attacking a poster, being homophobic, being racist etc.
 
Originally posted by Raven Raven wrote:

Made a new account (Delete Me). Was in OVW. Kind of disappointed TBH. But yes, it's fixed.
 
Good job Smile What it was that Joe needed to sort he sorted perfectly so people can start signing up again.


-------------


Posted By: Vladel
Date Posted: 21/July/2011 at 20:19
You couldn't be any farther from the truth Admin. I come on here to read information about wrestling and throw in the odd punt now and agai. I couldn't give two shits wether i shock people or not and as you may or may not have read. Shiz was asking me to but then he was too stupid to get the joke anyway so it was a waste of time anyhow. 

I am not homophobic or racist actually. that is just an assumption you made based on things i said. When i said that gay people shouldn't be allowed to marry or have kids isn't homophobic. It's an opinion with good reasoning that most people don't accept. I didn't say it because of hating gay people, i said it because i genuinely think that they shouldn't be able to raise kids or be considered equal to married couples.

When it comes to racism, i had a go at muslims not black people. Get this, when i lived in ireland i had a very good friend called muhammed who was from Ghana and was one of the nicest people i have ever met. Muslims are not a race, they are a religion so that's not racism.


-------------


Posted By: Raven
Date Posted: 21/July/2011 at 20:41
Arabs are a race though, and I'm positive I've seen you say some derogatory things about them. Will it make you feel better if we call you bigoted instead of racist?

-------------


Posted By: Darth Shizzel
Date Posted: 21/July/2011 at 21:15
Yes check his Muslims to be wank again for proof, and yes I did but you know the ones here act like ass holes and most terriosts are from that race.

-------------
Don't hate the player hate the game


Posted By: Kondor
Date Posted: 22/July/2011 at 02:53
Originally posted by admin admin wrote:

Joe texted me to say he sorted the newbies automatically being moderators problem at around 6 am this morning UK time.


Well I sent Joe a message on Facebook as soon as I saw more new mod  accounts. You never know who might do something crazy with that power. Tongue Joe told me it was due to a change of settings. 

On that note I think we may have lost some legit new people whose accounts were suspended by thundarr last night. Thundarr had no choice, those newb accounts (and sockpuppet accounts of other TUPeeps) can't be mods; but I watched them on the active users list and saw it say "access denied" when they tried to view a topic. So that may have chased some new board members away. 

Also, it's a good point to put a new shoutbox back on the index page again; as it would be seen a lot more readily and by more people. The way the chat room is now; not only is it mostly just a run down of who left and who entered; but people have to click on it to get there in the first place. With the old shoutbox, it was visible right on the index page where most everyone sees when they first visit TUP as well as several times throughout the day. 


-------------


Thanks to Pac for the sig.


Posted By: Darth Shizzel
Date Posted: 22/July/2011 at 05:12
Well as through confirmation via Raven newbies are no longer moderators so one thing is fixed and it seems the post error isn't as bad as it has been the past couple of days as well which I am very happy about.
 
 


-------------
Don't hate the player hate the game


Posted By: Vladel
Date Posted: 22/July/2011 at 07:34
Originally posted by Raven Raven wrote:

Arabs are a race though, and I'm positive I've seen you say some derogatory things about them. Will it make you feel better if we call you bigoted instead of racist?


Arabs are a race yes. I didn't slag off Arabs, i slagged off muslims, there's a difference. You can be an arab and not a muslim.

Originally posted by Darth Shizzel Darth Shizzel wrote:

Yes check his Muslims to be wank again for proof, and yes I did but you know the ones here act like ass holes and most terriosts are from that race.


Ok i'll spell it for you slowly and hopefully you'll get it but i won't hold my breath....... R E L I G I O N


-------------


Posted By: Rob Franklin
Date Posted: 22/July/2011 at 23:26
Muslims are pretty stupid though tbh.

But not as stupid as Vladel. amirite?


-------------


Posted By: Darth Shizzel
Date Posted: 26/July/2011 at 02:19

Yo Smileys are finally part of the chat room my guess is that Pictures will be in there.



-------------
Don't hate the player hate the game


Posted By: bigfloridapimp
Date Posted: 09/August/2011 at 18:42
I can def see myself not posting anymore the next time I lose a post to that "post saving" icon popping up. Its just sad that on every forum I go to, honestly every forum be it wrestling, sports, sim leagues, I could maybe accidentally hit some button rather than post, then hit backspace and my post still be there without a "post saving" icon ever popping up and making me lose my post. No matter what forum, as long as it doesnt say TUP, Ive never ever lost a post and I have never, ever had to write on notepad before I post in order to be on the safe side.

Its beyond inconvenience, its just bush league. I know admin is going to say quit whining, or just do like him and post on notepad first. But really, I nor should anyone else have to. We never used to have to on TUP. But all of a sudden we get this, "Post saving" thing, and honestly. Ive tested it several times, clicking to a new page and hitting backspace and only once was a post saved. And it was half of what I wrote.


-------------


Posted By: Rob Franklin
Date Posted: 09/August/2011 at 18:52
I'm not having that problem, but yeah, good luck getting it fixed, guys. This is the laziest bunch of admins I've ever seen in terms of software fixes/updates.

-------------


Posted By: Darth Shizzel
Date Posted: 09/August/2011 at 22:49
Yeah its ok for a few days then bam starts up again

-------------
Don't hate the player hate the game


Posted By: badguy
Date Posted: 10/August/2011 at 13:54
Originally posted by Rob Franklin Rob Franklin wrote:

I'm not having that problem, but yeah, good luck getting it fixed, guys. This is the laziest bunch of admins I've ever seen in terms of software fixes/updates.
 
 
Well yeah, the smart admin (as in Joe) is usually busy with real life (as he's a cop and such) and the other admin is just a dumb cunt who doesn't know shit about software fixes/updates, all he knows is how to advertise... So yeah, if we had two smart cunts running this show, who knows, all this shit might not be happening.
 
I've only had it happen once though, I copy what I type though just because if it happens again, I can re-try.


-------------




Posted By: John The Baptist
Date Posted: 10/August/2011 at 21:51
Originally posted by bigfloridapimp bigfloridapimp wrote:

I can def see myself not posting anymore the next time I lose a post to that "post saving" icon popping up.


Let us hope you dont lose a post then, youd be a great loss.



Posted By: admin
Date Posted: 10/August/2011 at 21:55
Damn you Aza I really do hate you now for your above post.

Could you have not waited until tomorrow to make that post so it could have counted for funniest post at our 7th birthday as a candidate?

Always thinking of yourself that's your problem and not what's best for the birthday polls for our 2012 birthday.


-------------


Posted By: Raven
Date Posted: 11/August/2011 at 04:42
You know what else is best? Fixing the fucking problem, sick of this shit.

-------------


Posted By: Trice
Date Posted: 11/August/2011 at 10:19
Originally posted by Raven Raven wrote:

You know what else is best? Fixing the fucking problem, sick of this shit.


-------------
Mr Quality over Quantity 2010 |~| Mr Variety 2011


Posted By: Kondor
Date Posted: 11/August/2011 at 10:27
Originally posted by Trice Trice wrote:

Originally posted by Raven Raven wrote:

You know what else is best? Fixing the fucking problem, sick of this shit.


-------------


Thanks to Pac for the sig.


Posted By: Darth Shizzel
Date Posted: 11/August/2011 at 10:37

Ok Problems  in no order of importance

 
 
1. Rule number 4 not being enforecd 
 
2. Shoutbox not getting fixed
 
3. Post error count thing still going on Admin get some tech skills and fix this shit up man come on for gods sake were sick of losing posts.


-------------
Don't hate the player hate the game


Posted By: admin
Date Posted: 11/August/2011 at 19:53
Me and Thundarr have chatted about the language of Rob Franklin that upset some folks yesterday and done something about it.
 
I have added f****t and f*g to the filter so if a post has either word in the post will be rejected.
 
Those are the only two in the new software filter but more can be added.


-------------


Posted By: Rob Franklin
Date Posted: 11/August/2011 at 20:20
So now, Rob Reports will be instantly rejected.

You guys are acting like phaggots.


-------------


Posted By: Vladel
Date Posted: 11/August/2011 at 22:19
Originally posted by admin admin wrote:

Me and Thundarr have chatted about the language of Rob Franklin that upset some folks yesterday and done something about it.
 
I have added f****t and f*g to the filter so if a post has either word in the post will be rejected.
 
Those are the only two in the new software filter but more can be added.


OH come on. People say was worse things than that on here and you don't even have to cuss to say some of the most hurthfull things. With everything that has been gotten away with on here, picking on Rob for saying a couple of relatively harmless words is utter shite tbh. Did you also realise that the word F****t is also a legitimate name for a certain vegetable and F*G is short name for a cigarette. Where disgusting Homo fucktard is pretty self explanatory.


-------------


Posted By: Rob Franklin
Date Posted: 11/August/2011 at 22:22
Pretty much.

Also, who was upset by it? Was it BFP cuz that's the most laughable shit I've ever heard considering some of the shit he posts.


-------------


Posted By: Darth Shizzel
Date Posted: 11/August/2011 at 22:24
Well tested it out guess you managed to fix it so why not try fixing up that post error thing hmm

-------------
Don't hate the player hate the game


Posted By: Rob Franklin
Date Posted: 11/August/2011 at 22:27
Originally posted by Darth Shizzel Darth Shizzel wrote:

Well tested it out guess you managed to fix it so why not try fixing up that post error thing hmm


FUCKING YES.

it's ok to lose half of your posts before you post them, but god forbid I call someone a f@ggot.


-------------


Posted By: Darth Shizzel
Date Posted: 11/August/2011 at 22:32
Who was complaining about being called a pile of sticks ( another meaning for the word we cannot speak)

There are worse words that have been said worse things Rob is hardly a problem sure he cusses but not half the troll JTB is or even Raven.

-------------
Don't hate the player hate the game


Posted By: Rob Franklin
Date Posted: 11/August/2011 at 22:33
Wait.

I'm TWICE the troll those guys are.


-------------


Posted By: Darth Shizzel
Date Posted: 11/August/2011 at 22:36
When you start making pretty bad pm and sending old men blowing eachother pics in pm then your on their level.

-------------
Don't hate the player hate the game


Posted By: Rob Franklin
Date Posted: 11/August/2011 at 22:39
Sounds like an invitation.

-------------


Posted By: Darth Shizzel
Date Posted: 11/August/2011 at 22:42
Please don't one expirence is bad enough never want to see that again.

-------------
Don't hate the player hate the game


Posted By: Rob Franklin
Date Posted: 11/August/2011 at 22:44
Shiz, check your pms

-------------


Posted By: admin
Date Posted: 11/August/2011 at 22:57
Originally posted by Vladel Vladel wrote:

OH come on. People say was worse things than that on here and you don't even have to cuss to say some of the most hurthfull things.


That doesn't make it right. We have been too soft and it's time to get tougher against those who have taken advantage of the laid back attitude of the staff.

Originally posted by Vladel Vladel wrote:

With everything that has been gotten away with on here, picking on Rob for saying a couple of relatively harmless words is utter shite tbh.


Picking on him how? If we had been picking on him we would have banned him for a few days. Instead Thundarr just sent him a nicely worded polite message about what he said.

Originally posted by Vladel Vladel wrote:

Did you also realise that the word F****t is also a legitimate name for a certain vegetable and F*G is short name for a cigarette. Where disgusting Homo fucktard is pretty self explanatory.


But when the word is used it's clearly NOT used in that context and is supposed to be a put down. It's another whingy post from you Steven. I don't think you realise how big of a percentage of your posts are whinges.


-------------


Posted By: Darth Shizzel
Date Posted: 11/August/2011 at 23:24
Adders while its good that trying to enforce some rules its pretty simple to get around the censoring or words by spelling it different.

-------------
Don't hate the player hate the game


Posted By: HBKDX97
Date Posted: 11/August/2011 at 23:53
It might just be me, but I haven't had a post dropped since the new updates Thumbs Up

-------------



Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk