TUP Wrestling Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Wrestling > General Wrestling Chat And Stories > Ring Of Honor
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Lance Storm To Ring Of Honor
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lance Storm To Ring Of Honor

 Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message
admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar
Open To Bribes For Favours

Joined: 01/October/2003
Location: United Kingdom
Status: Offline
Points: 48259
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lance Storm To Ring Of Honor
    Posted: 12/May/2009 at 15:25

Quote Ring of Honor announced today that Lance Storm will be coming out of retirement this summer to work two ROH shows in Toronto on July 25 & 26.

* A wrestler coming out of retirement? I don't believe. I thought wrestlers always stuck to being retired.

* No offence to Ring Of Honor, but it's not really the type of company you should be breaking your retirement for.

* Lance probably accepted the offer because he's not going to have far to travel from his home.

Back to Top
drey7337 View Drop Down
PB Members
PB Members


Joined: 07/February/2007
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 2350
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drey7337 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/May/2009 at 21:07
Originally posted by admin admin wrote:

Quote Ring of Honor announced today that Lance Storm will be coming out of retirement this summer to work two ROH shows in Toronto on July 25 & 26.

* A wrestler coming out of retirement? I don't believe. I thought wrestlers always stuck to being retired.

* No offence to Ring Of Honor, but it's not really the type of company you should be breaking your retirement for.

* Lance probably accepted the offer because he's not going to have far to travel from his home.



*What a shocker right. Storm is trying to compete with Corino and Hogan haha

* Indeed it is. He's done it before, to face Bryan Danielson, in one hell of a classic.
I mean maybe this is the send off he wants. Maybe he wants to face Jerry Lynn in one last mat classic to finish up his career. I mean, if he came out for a one off in WWE, it wouldn't do him justice, as he wouldn't be given the time to put on the kind of match he can and will put on in ROH in Toronto.
Back to Top
Rob Franklin View Drop Down
PB Members
PB Members
Avatar

Joined: 09/April/2009
Location: Detroit
Status: Offline
Points: 3405
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob Franklin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/May/2009 at 21:23
Why Ring of Honor? He doesn't have any kind of connection with the company other than trying to convince people on his blog that it's better than every other promotion ever made.

Besides, RoH is a joke. I love that people say they like it because they push the young guys, and yet lately all they've been doing is bringing back old has-beens and never-was's to spike ratings for their horrible TV show.
Back to Top
drey7337 View Drop Down
PB Members
PB Members


Joined: 07/February/2007
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 2350
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drey7337 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/May/2009 at 22:12
Originally posted by Rob Franklin Rob Franklin wrote:


Besides, RoH is a joke. I love that people say they like it because they push the young guys, and yet lately all they've been doing is bringing back old has-beens and never-was's to spike ratings for their horrible TV show.


What "has beens" have they brought back? Spike the ratings? Do you even know what the ratings are? and by the way, why do you think their TV is horrible Mr. Franklin?

If you're gonna post the likes of this, at least have some examples.

BTW: If your counting Colt Cobana and Jimmy Rave as has beens, neither have been on their TV show, and they are both very good wrestlers, when given the opportunity they weren't given in other leagues.
Back to Top
EdgeHead View Drop Down
PB Members
PB Members
Avatar

Joined: 22/November/2006
Location: Quebec, Canada
Status: Offline
Points: 3522
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdgeHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/May/2009 at 06:05
Colt Cabana is probably the biggest name in ROH that didn't hold the ROH World Championship before his WWE signing so to call him a "never-was", not cool.

As for retirement, a local wrestling legend in my area always told me that retirement in wrestling doesn't exist. And ever since I've been exposed to the business, I found that statement to be so much true.
Back to Top
Rob Franklin View Drop Down
PB Members
PB Members
Avatar

Joined: 09/April/2009
Location: Detroit
Status: Offline
Points: 3405
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob Franklin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/May/2009 at 06:27
I never even came close to mentioning Colt Cabana by name, and I wasn't talking about him. To assume that I was is asinine as I am a Colt Cabana fan.

As for the "Never Was" group, I was specifically thinking of Jerry Lynn on that statement.

Anyone who thinks Lynn was a big enough star anywhere to deserve the god-like push, and Championship in RoH when he's over 40, is an idiot.

And why did you think I was calling Cabana a "has-been" when you have Lance Storm, Bret Hart, and Ric Flair coming in on a regular basis?

All in all, I'm fine with them bringing guys in like this, but after you do it, don't try to tell me that they're "alternative" to the WWE and TNA, and they're not just as starved to get ratings as they are, because they are.

And no, I have no idea what ratings are, that's why I mention them in my posts, because I'm just waiting for some RoH Mark to come and tell me what ratings are.


Edited by Rob Franklin - 13/May/2009 at 06:28
Back to Top
drey7337 View Drop Down
PB Members
PB Members


Joined: 07/February/2007
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 2350
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drey7337 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/May/2009 at 21:16
Originally posted by Rob Franklin Rob Franklin wrote:



As for the "Never Was" group, I was specifically thinking of Jerry Lynn on that statement.
Anyone who thinks Lynn was a big enough star anywhere to deserve the god-like push, and Championship in RoH when he's over 40, is an idiot.

And why did you think I was calling Cabana a "has-been" when you have Lance Storm, Bret Hart, and Ric Flair coming in on a regular basis?

All in all, I'm fine with them bringing guys in like this, but after you do it, don't try to tell me that they're "alternative" to the WWE and TNA, and they're not just as starved to get ratings as they are, because they are.

And no, I have no idea what ratings are, that's why I mention them in my posts, because I'm just waiting for some RoH Mark to come and tell me what ratings are.


Why oush Lynn? Because he can still go out and put on the same caliber matches he would when he was 25. He's a great wrestler, and that's what ROH is about. I think this can only help the next guy who holds the belt.  BTW Lynn being a Never-been makes no since, as he was a ECW World Champion and X-Division Champ if i'm correct.

Flair signed a 6-Appearance Deal, Storm has been in ROH 3 times in it's entire history. Bret Hart is making his debut. That's not such a REGULAR BASIS, sir.

They are a alternative. They are putting out a quality product wrestling wise that WWE is no where close to, same can be said about TNA, however they have more wrestling than WWE. Having great wrestlers like Bret, Storm, and the now ROH Ambassador Ric Flair, putting over the company, just makes ROH look that much better. It is putting their product over. If Bret Hart, Flair, and Storm say it's the best WRESTLING group in town, people will check that out.  It's a simple yet effective form of advertising, and a easy way to fill the arena in Toronto.

I'm no ROH Mark. But I do understand good business. I'm not sure if RATINGS can be tallied up though, as it's only available on HDNet, X-Box, and maybe iTunes. You can't tally iTunes downloads and x-box download and stuff, because the rating would change over time, if people started buying older episodes.

you still haven't said why you don't like their tv show?
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.01
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.078 seconds.