TUP Wrestling Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Wrestling > General World Wrestling Entertainment
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - HHH And Undertaker Storyline?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HHH And Undertaker Storyline?

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23242526>
Author
Message
NFaMouZ View Drop Down
PB Members
PB Members
Avatar

Joined: 30/September/2011
Location: Australia
Status: Offline
Points: 5128
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NFaMouZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/March/2012 at 21:03
Originally posted by Willy1225 Willy1225 wrote:

 
Couple of things about the sendoff and Flair wrestling again:
 
1) The send-off was indeed spectacular
 
2) However the wwe went above and beyond for Ric because wwe knew they were FORCING Flair to do something he didnt want to do and thats retire. That wasnt Flair's idea to retire, it was wwe's since they needed a hook for WM 24 because otherwise their wouldnt have been none.
 
3) Flair loves wrestling but he also NEEDS MONEY so once wwe and him parted ways, why would he not wrestle again if that can lead to a good payday which he gets from TNA (whether you think TNA paying that much is stupid or if he is ruining his legacy for doing so is a conversation for another day).
 
4) Flair wrestled ONE more match in wwe before he left in 2009. Fuck the BS that a bell never rang and it was just a fight nonsense. Flair and Orton had a brawl throughout an arena that led into the ring where a steel cage came down and locked the two guys in it in June of 2009 (Think it was June 1st 2009). This was the "non" match that made Batista look like the biggest moron on the planet cause Flair got pummeled inside the cage and Batista stood outside shaking the cage like a monkey and saying "dont hurt Ric"
 
5) He has only wrestled 4 matches since 2008 so its not like he is wrestling incredibly often
 
It not so much the wrestling. Flair during his early stuff in TNA (Havent really seen the later) was making him look like a complete idiot. That made his sendoff back in the WWE look meaningless. Just about every retired legend returns for a match so you cant really have a beef there though switching companies after that sendoff isnt a great look.
Back to Top
admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar
Open To Bribes For Favours

Joined: 01/October/2003
Location: United Kingdom
Status: Offline
Points: 47441
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/March/2012 at 15:37
http://www.wwe.com/videos/shawn-michaels-and-undertaker-discuss-hbk-guest-refereeing-at-wrestlemania-28-ra-26004489

Hs turning up randomly at the end just to do a DX pose and say nothing, seemed absolutely pointless to me.

It's yet another fued that going into Wrestlemania hasn't had any physical contact yet, which sucks.

LOL at Taker getting WHAT? chants again. That's become the norm for him since he's returned.
Back to Top
Maty View Drop Down
Unprettier God
Unprettier God


Joined: 07/May/2011
Location: Blackpool, UK
Status: Offline
Points: 1093
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/March/2012 at 17:37
Originally posted by admin admin wrote:

http://www.wwe.com/videos/shawn-michaels-and-undertaker-discuss-hbk-guest-refereeing-at-wrestlemania-28-ra-26004489

Hs turning up randomly at the end just to do a DX pose and say nothing, seemed absolutely pointless to me.

It's yet another fued that going into Wrestlemania hasn't had any physical contact yet, which sucks.

LOL at Taker getting WHAT? chants again. That's become the norm for him since he's returned.

I disagree. It shows that Triple H is expecting Shawn Michaels to side with him. It was like him showing off that he has HBK's backing.

This is completely true. While talking to one another is good and all that the build up gets very boring and the feud loses a bit of its intensity as if it's just a feud between two men rather than professional wrestlers.

This is really pissing me off. If there is anyone in wrestling you don't "What?!" it's Taker. I dunno it just irritates me.
Back to Top
Fletch View Drop Down
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Avatar
TUP Hall Of Fame 2009

Joined: 06/January/2006
Location: Portsmouth UK
Status: Offline
Points: 17153
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fletch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/March/2012 at 18:58
The ''What?!'' chants are annoying at the best of times but I think this is worse as The Undertaker is a guy fans should respect due to his years of great work in the business.
 
WWE are building intensity here by having little interaction between the two men, this formula works when done correctly. There is no need for physicality prior to Wrestlemania as its obvious a mutual respect exists between the two men and they will go all out on the night.
 
WWE has done a good job of convincing everyone there is a very real chance Triple H could win at Mania, my prediction will be a Undertaker win but I cant say I'm 100% sure that Trips wont end the streak this year.
Back to Top
NFaMouZ View Drop Down
PB Members
PB Members
Avatar

Joined: 30/September/2011
Location: Australia
Status: Offline
Points: 5128
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NFaMouZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/March/2012 at 20:12
Ok this is to the whole no contact between the two is more effective to hype up a Mania match.
 
 
You cant say you dont get pumped after watching that. A certain situation could lead to a better build with no contact such as a heel doing something to enrage the face and then the face becomes a ticking time bomb but isnt allowed to touch the heel until that match. Similiar to if they did it for HHH v Orton at Mania 25
Back to Top
Willy1225 View Drop Down
PB Members
PB Members
Avatar
Your Friendly Neighborhood Moderator

Joined: 30/December/2010
Location: New York
Status: Offline
Points: 10403
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Willy1225 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/March/2012 at 01:24
Im confused as to what NFamouZ is alluding too because Rock vs Austin WM 17 had a whole lot of physical contact.
 
Cena vs JBL is a good example of no physical contact till Mania kind of build
TNA Would Be Nothing Without #TeamDixie

Back to Top
NFaMouZ View Drop Down
PB Members
PB Members
Avatar

Joined: 30/September/2011
Location: Australia
Status: Offline
Points: 5128
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NFaMouZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/March/2012 at 03:56
Originally posted by Willy1225 Willy1225 wrote:

Im confused as to what NFamouZ is alluding too because Rock vs Austin WM 17 had a whole lot of physical contact.
 
Cena vs JBL is a good example of no physical contact till Mania kind of build
 
Im saying that physical violence before a huge match is generally beneficial and more effective then no violence by showing that promo.
 
The last part I said was meaning that generally the "no contact" angle only works if the heel has done something bad to the face and the face is not allowed to physically contact he heel until his Mania match as this makes the face a ticking time bomb.
 
The HHH vs Taker fued not having physical contact makes zero sense as
1) There has been no pre conceived order by any authority that no violence can occur
2) The way they are building it both guys should be trying to rip each other's heads off considering they are going into a Hell in A Cell match + its being billed as the final match of an era etc
3) Its a Hell in a Cell match and since before the Hell in a Cell PPV there was never a Hell in a Cell match that had zero violence before it.
Back to Top
Willy1225 View Drop Down
PB Members
PB Members
Avatar
Your Friendly Neighborhood Moderator

Joined: 30/December/2010
Location: New York
Status: Offline
Points: 10403
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Willy1225 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/March/2012 at 01:52
Ah misunderstood
TNA Would Be Nothing Without #TeamDixie

Back to Top
Kondor View Drop Down
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Avatar
Forum Moderator / Ticket Wars Founder

Joined: 02/June/2010
Location: Right here
Status: Offline
Points: 7020
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kondor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/March/2012 at 09:06
Originally posted by NFaMouZ NFaMouZ wrote:

Originally posted by Willy1225 Willy1225 wrote:

Im confused as to what NFamouZ is alluding too because Rock vs Austin WM 17 had a whole lot of physical contact.
 
Cena vs JBL is a good example of no physical contact till Mania kind of build
 
Im saying that physical violence before a huge match is generally beneficial and more effective then no violence by showing that promo.
 
The last part I said was meaning that generally the "no contact" angle only works if the heel has done something bad to the face and the face is not allowed to physically contact he heel until his Mania match as this makes the face a ticking time bomb.
 
The HHH vs Taker fued not having physical contact makes zero sense as
1) There has been no pre conceived order by any authority that no violence can occur
2) The way they are building it both guys should be trying to rip each other's heads off considering they are going into a Hell in A Cell match + its being billed as the final match of an era etc
3) Its a Hell in a Cell match and since before the Hell in a Cell PPV there was never a Hell in a Cell match that had zero violence before it.

I'll have to completely disagree because 
1) They have fought each other since 1995.
2) They have a ton of mutual respect for each other because of that even though they both want to win the match. 
3) The crux of the feud is about The Undertaker proving he can beat Helmsley without being carried away afterwards and Helmsley finishing the job while at the same time proving he to his friend Shawn that he is better than him. It is not based on violence or wanting to tear into each other. 

It is said they are "the last of an era" yet part of that era is proving your worth in the ring and having respect for your opponent out of it. I not only feel physical contact before hand would take away from the WrestleMania match; but would ruin an aspect of each of their characters. 



Edited by Kondor - 16/March/2012 at 09:17

Back to Top
NFaMouZ View Drop Down
PB Members
PB Members
Avatar

Joined: 30/September/2011
Location: Australia
Status: Offline
Points: 5128
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NFaMouZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/March/2012 at 09:24
Originally posted by Kondor Kondor wrote:


I'll have to completely disagree because 
1) They have fough each other since 1995.
2) They have a ton of mutual respect for each other because of that even though they both want to win the match. 
3) The crux of the feud is about The Undertaker proving he can beat Helmsley without being carried away afterwards and Helmsley finishing the job while at the same time proving he to his friend Shawn that he is better than him. It is not based on violence or wanting to tear into each other. 

It is said they are "the last of an era" yet part of that era is proving your worth in the ring and having respect for your opponent out of it. I not only feel physical contact before hand would take away from the WrestleMania match; but would ruin an aspect of each of their characters. 

 
1) Yes they started feuding in 1995 but when besides their match last year have the actually "fought" since 2002 the night after Summerslam? I cant even remember them having much contact before their match last year but correct me if I'm wrong. I think I have a pretty good wrestling knowledge but them in any sort of altercation is out of my mind as it happened SO long ago I say its close to a clean slate.

2) The way Undertaker baited HHH into the match I don't know whether you can say they have all this amount of respect for each other. "Shawn Michaels was always better then you". "You don't think you can get done what your buddy Shawn Michaels couldn't get done". "You want this to END
Hell in a Cell". Plus Hell in a Cell is a hatred match besides the ones that have occurred at the Hell in a Cell PPV.

3) The crux of the feud in the streak that is what Ill watch it for they haven't pushed anything else big enough for me to change my mind. HHH pretty much wiped away every Shawn Michaels comment by Taker and the Hell in a Cell was to end to finalise he end of an era between the 2 (In my opinion) most iconic guys in Hell in a Cell. HHH for his wins inside it and Taker because it just suits him to a tee. Both of them in EVERY other Hell in a Cell match had HUGE build and hatred to their opponents why can't it be here. It should be here. 
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23242526>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.078 seconds.