TUP Wrestling Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Random Chat > General Chat > Non Serious Topics
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 14 American food staples foreigners hate.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

14 American food staples foreigners hate.

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message
Rico Len View Drop Down
PB Members
PB Members
Avatar
Three Time TW Winner (X, XII, XIII)

Joined: 23/October/2012
Location: Yosemite Lakes
Status: Offline
Points: 11245
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rico Len Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/January/2018 at 00:07
Originally posted by admin admin wrote:

If I see you in the PAPOY thread with your own attempt of a Yorkshire Pudding in front of you that's my POTM vote sorted

Challenge accepted. Tomorrow is our shopping day. I'm gonna be making my own family recipe for breakfast/dessert pizza for the Royal Rumble, and we need to get the shit for that, I bet I could convince the wife to get stuff to make beef stew, and then when I make that I can make the Yorkshire pudding and maybe even serve the stew in the popover. Probably a good bit different from how you guys make it over there, but that sounds awesome to me! haha


I could definitely do something akin to this. Put hunks of stewed potatoes, carrots, and beef in something like this? Oh hell yeah! 
Back to Top
Kondor View Drop Down
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Avatar
Forum Moderator / Ticket Wars Founder

Joined: 02/June/2010
Location: Right here
Status: Offline
Points: 7013
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kondor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/January/2018 at 00:37
I actually hate everything on the list in Rico's original article except Twizzlers and snow cones, although supermarket bread isn't too bad depending on the kind. Obviously bakery bread is much better. 

Also, I'm mostly kosher so I never eat any pork like bacon or sausage. But I'll have a good burger with beef, cheese, and grilled onions. 

Back to Top
Rico Len View Drop Down
PB Members
PB Members
Avatar
Three Time TW Winner (X, XII, XIII)

Joined: 23/October/2012
Location: Yosemite Lakes
Status: Offline
Points: 11245
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rico Len Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/January/2018 at 01:54
ha! Same here Kondor, that I'm mostly kosher. When I have 'bacon' I mean specifically turkey bacon, and I eat vegetarian sausage, and never ham, or pig of any type. I think the only non-kosher food I will typically be willing to eat is venison, and that's only on very rare occasion (like once every 5 years or so). I also don't drink alcohol, smoke, or anything like that. Straight Edge for me on that.
Back to Top
Kondor View Drop Down
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Avatar
Forum Moderator / Ticket Wars Founder

Joined: 02/June/2010
Location: Right here
Status: Offline
Points: 7013
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kondor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/January/2018 at 02:05
Originally posted by Rico Len Rico Len wrote:

ha! Same here Kondor, that I'm mostly kosher. When I have 'bacon' I mean specifically turkey bacon, and I eat vegetarian sausage, and never ham, or pig of any type. I think the only non-kosher food I will typically be willing to eat is venison, and that's only on very rare occasion (like once every 5 years or so). I also don't drink alcohol, smoke, or anything like that. Straight Edge for me on that.

Yeah I'll have turkey, chicken, beef, or venison. I also LOVE bison. Plus of course I'll eat 90% of all vegetables. But I never have swine. 

As for alcohol, I've had my drinking days for sure. If you would have caught me anytime between 1995 and 2005, I would have drank anything handed to me and guzzled the whole bottle down. But I settled down and laid alcohol aside in 2007. 

I never smoked tobacco beyond a few tries, but as I've said in the weed thread smoked that on occasion back in the day; but not in ages. 

So I guess I am straight edge as well these days. 

Back to Top
admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar
Open To Bribes For Favours

Joined: 01/October/2003
Location: United Kingdom
Status: Offline
Points: 47032
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/January/2018 at 10:50
Originally posted by Rico Len Rico Len wrote:

Originally posted by admin admin wrote:

If I see you in the PAPOY thread with your own attempt of a Yorkshire Pudding in front of you that's my POTM vote sorted

Challenge accepted. Tomorrow is our shopping day. I'm gonna be making my own family recipe for breakfast/dessert pizza for the Royal Rumble, and we need to get the shit for that, I bet I could convince the wife to get stuff to make beef stew, and then when I make that I can make the Yorkshire pudding and maybe even serve the stew in the popover. Probably a good bit different from how you guys make it over there, but that sounds awesome to me! haha


I could definitely do something akin to this. Put hunks of stewed potatoes, carrots, and beef in something like this? Oh hell yeah! 

Good lad, I look forward to it. Milk, Eggs, Salt and Pepper it's basic stuff all cheap to buy.

I like your picks to put inside it. Put owt you want (within reason) and you can't go wrong.

About time this food spread to Sunny California LOL
Back to Top
Rico Len View Drop Down
PB Members
PB Members
Avatar
Three Time TW Winner (X, XII, XIII)

Joined: 23/October/2012
Location: Yosemite Lakes
Status: Offline
Points: 11245
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rico Len Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/January/2018 at 22:25
So I'm in the process of making it now. I'm sure it's a terrible bastardization of what you'd be used to, but I'm basically just making beef stew and straining out the majority of the liquids and then I'll spoon that into the popovers I'll be making using the beef drippings. 

I'm not really a selfie guy, but I'll snap a picture of it when I'm done and post it for you. lol
Back to Top
admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar
Open To Bribes For Favours

Joined: 01/October/2003
Location: United Kingdom
Status: Offline
Points: 47032
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/January/2018 at 23:02
Originally posted by Rico Len Rico Len wrote:

So I'm in the process of making it now. I'm sure it's a terrible bastardization of what you'd be used to, but I'm basically just making beef stew and straining out the majority of the liquids and then I'll spoon that into the popovers I'll be making using the beef drippings. 

I'm not really a selfie guy, but I'll snap a picture of it when I'm done and post it for you. lol

A trip to California for a yorkshire pudding filled with beef stew sounds good to me LOL

The photo you posted of one I would leave it in a few minutes longer (keep an eye on it) so it rises taller and is browner.

That way it will be more crispy around the edge and less likely to be soft and doughy in the middle.

Some recipes tell you to add a dash of water, but I use a dash of milk just to thicken the mixture abit instead of watering down the taste.
Back to Top
Rico Len View Drop Down
PB Members
PB Members
Avatar
Three Time TW Winner (X, XII, XIII)

Joined: 23/October/2012
Location: Yosemite Lakes
Status: Offline
Points: 11245
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rico Len Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/January/2018 at 23:20
Yeah I'll be using milk. I'm just bringing up the recipe for the doughy part now.

My wife has had a recipe for 'dutch babies' which is apparently almost exactly the same except prepared without the beef drippings, and after it's baked, served with lemon juice and powdered sugar, and eaten alongside scrambled eggs, bacon & sausage. Really friggen good breakfast. I'd never even heard of that until I met her. 

EDIT:

Well my attempt at Yorkshire Pudding wasn't exactly what you'd call "picture perfect" but it sure as hell didn't taste bad at all. Not sure what I could do to make it better though. Perhaps it's just a case of practice makes perfect. If I make it again perhaps it'll turn out differently and I'll be able to figure some shit out. lol



Edited by Rico Len - 24/January/2018 at 02:18
Back to Top
admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar
Open To Bribes For Favours

Joined: 01/October/2003
Location: United Kingdom
Status: Offline
Points: 47032
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/January/2018 at 11:11
That's not a bad first attempt and with the meat it looks a good looking meal fella.

Instead of a dish use a Yorkshire Pudding tin so the middle gets brown like the crust does.......

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=yorkshire+pudding+tin&rlz=1C1AOHY_enGB738GB738&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiZmrCQu_DYAhUlAcAKHWr1D0gQ_AUICygC&biw=1024&bih=677

Not sure if you asked a shop if they had one they would have a clue over there, but you probably have a similar name for the same thing.
Back to Top
LennyComa View Drop Down
PB Members
PB Members
Avatar

Joined: 01/August/2012
Location: Bonnie Scotland
Status: Offline
Points: 4871
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LennyComa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/February/2018 at 15:45
Fuck Me I can't wait for April to try these bad boys http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/news/15915789.Yorkshire_meets_Italy_as_Morrisons_releases_Yorkshire_Pudding_pizzas/?ref=fbshr
Y'know what?....It's really fucking hot here in Africa. Who knew?....Well me, I have been doing this for almost 5 years
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.063 seconds.